As some of you have noticed, I haven't played in the LIM challenge for a couple of weeks. I want to take a minute to say thank you to those of you who sent me a card. For all the thoughts and prayers of those who left me a message on my blog, I'd also like to say thank you for your messages. It's been a tough couple of weeks, but I'm working on moving forward.
It's difficult to get back into the swing of things and Chrissie & Mandi's challenge this week at Less is More is to make a card with "gold". Maybe I should have waited another week before jumping back in! As usual, I've made quite a few cards, none of which I'm overly delighted with, but I do kind of like this first one.
The butterfly was cut from a dull gold paper. I embossed the diamond panel with an EF, and added the half pearls. I didn't have gold pearls, so I colored them with a gold leafing pen. The tag was cut with a Spellbinder die and the sentiment was stamped in gold. I added a gold ribbon to hold the tag.
For this second card, I cut a flourish from gold paper with my Cameo. The sentiment is embossed with gold, and I added a gold layer behind the white and cut the corners with a (Deco) corner chomper. Then I popped it with pop dots on a white card base.
Very quick and simple...cut the dandelions from gold paper with the Cameo. Stamped the sentiment with gold ink.
This card was a pain and didn't turn out at all like I'd planned. I cut the ornaments from gold textured paper with the Cameo. I used a gold cord to hang the ornaments. Originally this was going to be a red card base until I realized that I had adhered the ornaments and stamped the sentiment on the card upside down. So...I had to cut it apart and just use it as a topper on a white card base. The sentiment is stamped in gold ink and is a SU image. I tied little bows from the gold cord to add to each ornament.
This card is probably totally out of the ballpark, but I had a piece of glossy card stock that I'd played with using alcohol inks. I'd also added some gold to the alcohol ink process. I punched some flowers out of the inked up glossy card stock and added gold brads for the centers. The leaves were cut from gold paper with a Memory Box die. The sentiment was computer generated (and probably would have looked better moved over a little further to the right...sigh.
So, this is my take on the "gold" challenge. If you'd like to see some really great cards, hop on over to Less is More and check out all the other cards.
Thank you so much for all the nice comments you leave for me...they mean a lot and help to brighten my day! Until next time....