Thursday, October 30, 2014

Busy, Busy, Busy.....

I've been very busy the last few weeks. This post will be VERY photo heavy! Working hard to get some Christmas presents completed.  My DIL asked me to tat some bracelets for her to give to co-workers, my youngest granddaughter has a birthday coming up in November, and I'm getting ready for a luncheon I'll be having for the widow's group from my church.

I've had a difficult time getting involved in things during the past year and a half.  I finally started attending the widow's group that meets at my church once a month and have become friends with a couple of the ladies.

It's nice to have someone to call when you just need to get out of the house for a while!So...first I'll show you a few of the bracelets I've made for my DIL. (If you click on the photos you can see them a little bigger)


I also made the boxes for the bracelets and decorated each of them.  The boxes fold like a pizza box, but they're not as heavy duty.  It takes one sheet of  letter size card stock for each box. Here's a sample of some of the boxes:







I ended up making 10 bracelets and 10 boxes to put them in.  It was a lot of work, but the end result was kinda cool!

I've also had requests for tatted crosses....so I've made about 6 of these:

The crosses are about 3" x 4.5" and really turned out nice. The pattern is by Grace Tan and can be found here. I learned how to tat using shuttles, but these were done with needle tatting. I think for me, the needle tatting is much faster.

I have so many crafts I enjoy, sometimes I just get snowed under with it all! LOL!




I know this was a photo heavy post....but thanks for taking the time to visit!

Thanks so much for stopping by! As always, your visits and your comments are greatly appreciated!  Until next time....

Photobucket


Pin It!

3 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Lovely, so glad you shared the photos, beautiful work, love the bracelets.

Good to "see" you.

Bonnie said...

Beautiful bracelets and fantastic boxes to put them in, Susan! I LOVE the crosses! They will make such lovely Bible bookmarks.

Deborah Frings said...

I really do admire these beautiful bracelets and the crosses too. Love the decorated boxes!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails