Thursday, June 4, 2015

One-Layer Simplicity Challenge, Online Card Class and a Little Zentangle

It's been quite a while since I've played along with the One-Layer Simplicity Challenge...but this week I found a little time to play along.  The challenge for this month is called "Round and round": make a one layer card that has two circles on it. No more no less. Other shapes, words etc allowed.

Here's my take on the challenge:


I punched a 1.5 inch circle and using the negative of the punch, I inked up the small circle with Tumbled Glass DI.  Then I masked off the large circle with a 3 inch circle and covered the smaller circle with the previous punched circle.  I inked all the background with several shades of yellow and orange DI.  The flower is from Uniko Studios - Gerber collection.  I added color to the flower with Copics, then added a touch of clear Wink of Stella for a little sparkle.  I also added some gray Copics around the large circle, the small circle and around the flower to give a little dimension. The sentiment is from Paper Smooches and was heat embossed in white embossing powder.  I wasn't really sure I liked the card when I first finished it...but I think its growing on me now! :-)

I also wanted to share a couple of cards I made after taking the online card class - Maskerade:



These two cards were made using a technique shown by Laura Bassen.  I loved the cards she made and couldn't wait to give it a try!  I used distress inks for my cards.  The sentiment was stamped on the Wishing card and cut out on the Sending card.  All sentiments are from SSS. 

I know it's been a while since I posted...can't believe how much time has passed!  I keep telling myself that I'll post more frequently, but somehow I just don't get things posted like I mean too! Please forgive me!!

I've also been doing a little Zentangle Inspired Art lately.  This is one that I had framed to hang in my house (something I rarely do!)  The seahorse is a template from Ben Kwok of Ornation Creation.



I tangled on water color paper then added color with some watercolor pencils.  I love how this turned out and the lady who framed it did a fabulous job!

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by for a visit!  Hope you'll come back soon!  Your comments are greatly appreciated! Until next time...
Photobucket


Pin It!

5 comments:

jimlynn said...

Susan, I'm going to try once again to leave a comment and hope it goes through!

Love ALL of these cards! The first one layer one is so pretty - and love the way you used the two circles on here. The next two are heart stoppers! Fabulous plus! And lastly....the seahorse! Wow! Fantastic coloring and a wonderful card. Love all of them!
Lynn

Sallyann said...

Love your cards...especially your Wishing you the happiest birthday card. It's a really creative take on the class demo.

Sallyann said...

Hmm...my comment disappeared....Will try again....Love your cards especially your Wishing you the happiest birthday card design from Laura's demo. So creative!

Ardyth said...

Great cards, Susan! I love the bright, warm sunny feel of your OLS card and the bright masked rainbow cards are really fun! So glad you joined us at OLS!

Darnell said...

These are all stunning, Susan! I'm amazed at the way you made that second circle look like it is popped up on your one-layer card! Great depth!! And your Maskerade homework is every bit as good as the teachers! Finally, your seahorse is flawless. It should be framed, so I'm happy you did that!! Hugs, Darnell

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails