Monday, April 18, 2016

Busy, busy, busy......

I've been crafting a lot this week trying to get enough cards ready for our monthly widow's group meeting.  Each month we write cards to people that might need encouragement or just to make someone smile.

So here's what I've done this week....(WARNING:  PHOTO HEAVY)

These first three cards are smaller cards...measuring 3.5 x 5 inches.  I had some envelopes left over from something, so I just made cards that would fit those envelopes.

Stamp - Clearly Besotted
Sentiment - MFT
Flowers - Altenew  Peony Bouquet
Sentiment - MFT

Background inked w/distress inks
Sentiment - TPC Studio (embossed)
These next cards are a few that I made after watching one of Jennifer McGuire's videos...she makes it look really easy...unfortunately, I had to piddle with it for a while before I got something I wanted to share with you! LOL!


This first card has a small white card inside of a vellum card.  I stamped the image on the small card and colored it with copics, then stamped it again on the vellum over where it is on the small card.  Here's a link to Jennifer's video...she explains it much better than I did!


This card is just something I was trying out...not sure it worked so well.  I purchased "corner dies" a while back and I was trying to get a border using just one of the dies.  In order to do that, you have to die cut from both sides, then try not to overlap the die too much over the first cut.....whew!  It'll do....
Sentiment is from TPC Studios.


This is also a technique I picked up from one of Jennifer's videos...Here's a link to the video. I love how this one turned out....I probably should have paid a little more attention to the video, because I didn't do it quite like she did and I struggle with it a little...lesson learned!Here's a close up of the card so that you can see the stripes inside of the card.


This next card looks all white in the photo, however, the top portion of the card is all vellum.  Turned out kinda cool! The butterfly is a punch from MS.  The sentiment is from SSS.  Below this card, I've attached a close-up of the top of the card so that you can see the stripes inside.



This last card i probably my least favorite card....it warped a bit when I heat embossed the sentiment from MFT.  I stamped the SSS flowers on vellum and heat embossed them in white, then turned them over and colored with with Zig Clean Color brushes.  I die cut leaves (SSS), colored the back of each leaf with green copics, and then folded them down the center to get a nice crease.  I added white dashed lines around the edges of the vellum and rounded the bottom corners.  I put glue does under the flower to hold the vellum card to the dark pink card base.


That's it for me today!  If you managed to hang in there for all this...Thanks A Million!

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by for a visit!  Hope you'll come back soon!  Your comments are greatly appreciated! Until next time...
Photobucket


Pin It!

4 comments:

jimlynn said...

Susan, they're all just simply stunning!!! WOW! I've never seen so many gorgeous flowers - and a butterfly too! I actually love the last one with the pink vellum and those bright flowers. You did wonderful on the card like Jennifer's video too! They're all so pretty I can't even begin to pick a favorite. LOVE!
Lynn

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

SUPER SUPER wonderful cards, love them all.
What a lovely thought to send the cards out to those who need them.
Faith
x

Bonnie said...

I've enjoyed catching up, Susan! Beautiful creations! I know people will be uplifted when they receive these cards! Hope you are doing well!

Carol Cel said...

Great cards -- I think my favorite is the same as yours -- the yellow flowers - great job!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails