Wednesday, May 11, 2016

CASology 197 and One-Layer Simplicity

I have two cards to share with you today.  One is for the One-Layer Simplicity Challenge and the other is for the CASology Challenge.  Okay...I can hear a few gasps out there...surprised aren't you?  I've managed to get cards made AND get them uploaded to my blog!



I really struggled with the CASology challenge.  Tears (crying) makes me sad....and I'm trying not to do "sad", so I went with tear (as in tearing a piece of paper).


I cut the big "U" with the Cameo, then stamped the dots from PTI in black.  I also used a black marker to go around all the outside edges to give a more finished look.  The sentiment is from SSS and is heat embossed in white on black card stock.  I used a white card base.  I cut two strips - one red and one black - and then tore the bottom edges of the pieces.  I tore the red piece first, then adhered it to the black before tearing the black so that the black piece would be a little longer.  Sounds like it took a while, but it was actually super quick and easy!


This is my "fruity" card for this month's One-Layer Simplicity Challenge.  The strawberry image is from a Flourishes stamp set that I've had for quite a while as is the sentiment.  I stamped the image in Memento black and colored with Copics.

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit! Hope you're having a great week!  I appreciate your visit and your comments!

Hugs!
Photobucket


Pin It!

7 comments:

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Hello Susan: Love your sweet Strawberry card, that image is just delicious and your coloring is superb, you make me what to reach out and eat this sweet fruits. I have this set and I was going to use it but I had just received some happy mail from a lady that was selling some of her Flourishes stamps and I bought the "Pears" set and that is what I used to make my card for the One Layer Simplicity challenge.
Thank you for sharing.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

Joyce said...

Love how you made your CASology card. The torn paper edges add such interest and texture, and I like how you created the sentiment. Lovely fruit and coloring on your second card. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Deidre said...

Your torn edges are a great mat for your focal image and sentiment. I do adore red, black, and white together too :) Glad you got past the hurdle of our challenge and joined us. Thanks for sharing with us at CASology this week!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

SUPER U card. love how you came to do it story :)

Yummy strawberry card
Faith
x

Melissa said...

I'm loving that big, polka dotted U!!! :) I love how the diagonal tear draws the eye to it! Fantastic use of the classic red/black/white color combo too!
Thanks so much for joining us over at CASology!

Heather said...

Your colouring looks so lovely on the clean white card base. Stunning.

Susan Raihala said...

Susan, this is a SUPER card! Love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails