Saturday, October 22, 2016

LIM #299 - Acetate or Vellum

It's been a while since I've played along with the Less is More Challenge.  This week the challenge is to use acetate or vellum on a card.

Here's my take on this week's challenge...


I guess it's been a while since I made a card...this card took me ALL day long to finish!  I have no idea why it was so slow!  

This is a new die from Hero Arts...cut twice (once in red and another in white) and layered slightly off center.  I cut an aperture from the center of a card panel with a stitched circle die (also cut the edges with a stitched-edged rectangle die).  The holly leaves were cut with a very OLD die that I'm not even sure where I got it! I backed the circle with a piece of vellum, then stamped part of the sentiment with Stazon ink and added the layered "joy".  The leaves were colored with Copics and I added some Wink of Stella for a little shine. For berries, I used red pearls.  Popped the panel with craft foam....and done!

I really loved the end result...just took me a while to get there! LOL!

As always, thanks so much for stopping in.  I appreciate your visit...and I appreciate each and every comment!
Photobucket


Pin It!

11 comments:

Esther said...

I absolutely love this card, Susan. The design is elegant, crisp and stylish. Super use of vellum for our challenge and a stunning finished results! Thanks so much for joining us this week - hope to see you with us again soon!

Neets B said...

Such a beautifully clean creation, Susan. I love the offset die cut and the use of vellum in the aperture. Isn't it funny how some cards just seem to take ages and others, sometimes more detailed, are made in a flash!
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Bonnie said...

Classy card, Susan! Love the softness of the vellum and the way you've stacked your joy! Beautiful holly too!

Susan said...

Love this pretty CAS card. The red background to your sentiment is beautiful. Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

Darnell said...

This is sensational, Susan! It is the essence of everything a beautiful Christmas card should be and well worth the time it took to make it!! Hugs, Darnell

baileyrosy.com said...

Hi Susan, what a stunning card love the offset joy really gives depth to the sentiment and the holly and berries are a super match. You asked about my printer I used my Canon inkjet for printing onto acetate , hope that helps.

Marie

Sazzle Dazzle said...

So crisp clean and perfect Susan. A super elegant Christmas card and a brilliant take on the challenge. Love it and thanks for playing along at Less is More this week. Sarah x

Viv said...

Fabulous CAS card here Susan, love the way the red peeps out from the white sentiment too....lovely touch ;) Viv xx

Pat said...

This is so elelgant and pretty Susan, and the stitched circular window backed with the vellum and the bits of holly and the sentiment looks fabulous. x

Sue said...

Beautiful card, Susan. I love the sparkle on your holly and how you offset the sentiment.

Karen said...

Absolutely gorgeous card!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails