Thursday, March 9, 2017

The Flower Challenge and CAS Watercolour Challenge...and SO much more!

Got a couple of things to share with you today.  I've been so busy these past few weeks! Made a couple of cards today that will fit perfect with the Flower Challenge "anything goes" theme and the CAS Watercolour Challenge with a "spring" theme.





Both cards actually fit the Flower Challenge...but the second card is for the CAS Watercolour March challenge. Let's get started....



Have you ever opened your mouth and made a statement, only to realize over a week later that you really should keep your mouth shut?...Yeah, me too....thus the You Matter to Me card.  I used Altenew stamps for the blooms, and SSS You Matter sentiment.  I used two background stamps...one for the stripes on the card base (IO) and the other for the background under the flowers (PB). Added a few dots with some Nuvo and card done.


I used one of my favorite dies for this card....the Penny Black Poppy die.  The sentiment is from SSS You Matter stamp set.  The background for the flowers was a piece of water color paper that I was practicing my "smooshing" on. The poppies were also cut from watercolor paper and painted with water colors. I used a SSS stitched rectangle die to cut the background piece from the watercolor background paper that I'd "smooshed" color onto. For a little "extra" I flicked a few splatters of red and teal onto the background.

I seem to flit from one thing to another...and here's part of the reason why.



Got me a new "toy" a few weeks ago and I've been thoroughly enjoying it!  I've been really busy for the last couple of months making clothes to send on a couple of mission trips for my church.  One trip is to Haiti this month, and the other trip is to Alaska in August.  I've made almost 72 items thus far...shorts, dresses, bibs, burp cloths, blankets, knitted booties and caps, knitted dish cloths....the list goes on.  I think I made more shorts than anything...31 in all!  Anyway, this machine will do SO much more and I can't wait to learn more (embroidery and monogramming!)

In the mist of learning my new machine...I got a wild hair to make an exploding photo box of my great granddaughter for my grandson and his wife.  See...jumping from one thing to another! LOL!




I made pics of all the inside pages, but decided that would be TOO photo heavy!

Last weekend, I made a trip to visit my daughter, so I could see my granddaughter all dressed up for prom.  They do something different at their proms...they have something called "lead out" where all the couples are introduced and all the parents come to watch "lead out".  It was really a nice event. Here's a photo of my beautiful granddaughter and her date.


As I said before...BOY! have I been busy! Now I'm trying to play catch up all in one blog post!  I need to try to post a little more often!

That's all for me today....As always, thanks so much for stopping in.  I appreciate your visit...and I appreciate each and every comment!
Photobucket


Pin It!

7 comments:

Loll said...

Two beautiful cards Susan! Love the design and gorgeous pink flowers on your first card. We all say things we regret, but what a special way to tell that person that you care. :)

And your poppy card is amazing. LOVE the colours of the smooshing and splattered background. And those poppies are one of my favourites too. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour.

You are so generous to make all those clothes for charity. It sounds as though you are putting your new toy to good use. I always admire those that can sew ... it is beyond me. :)

Your exploding photo box is so cool ... what a special gift for the parents. And your granddaughter is beautiful. Prom is such an exciting time. Enjoyed your post! Loll :)

Viv said...

Two gorgeous cards Susan, thank you so much for sharing at 'The Flower Challenge' too. Aww what a beautiful photo of your granddaughter and her date too...I bet her parents were very proud..and you of course too ;) Viv DT

Anonymous said...

You're been really busy, haven't you!! Wow.. to create so much is such an accomplishment!! Great job!
I really loved the two cards you've created. Altenew flowers, I think, click on any card any how.. that's just how good and pretty they are!! And on your second one, the poppies look amazing against that backdrop. And I am loving you exploding box - I've never made one, but seeing such wonderfully made ones like yours, I feel like making one myself. :)
xx Ashwini

Bonnie said...

So many wonderful projects and photos, Susan! Love your flowers! Wonderful shading in both flowers! Thanks so much for sharing these with us at CAS Watercolour!

Karen Dunbrook said...

I agree...wonderful projects Susan...your flower cards are gorgeous..love the way you did the layout for the poppy card
Thanks so much for playing along with the CAS Watercolour Challenge!!
xx Karen

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Beautiful pair of cards, you made the first one with one of my most favorite stamp sets from Altenew, gorgeous coloring and layout.
Thank you for playing along with THE FLOWER CHALLENGE, hope you join us again next time.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.DT
PS. Thank you for sharing the picture of your beautiful granddaughter, being a grandma is one of the most awesome things in the world.

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

All fabulous makes Susan and your colouring of that beautiful poppy die-cut is gorgeous! Your granddaughter is stunning and what a fabulous 'new toy' you have there (it's always fun playing with 'new toys' no matter what age you are). I'll look forward to seeing what you make with it! Have a great day! Luv n’ Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails