Thursday, July 28, 2022

WOW....This Year!

This year is FLYING by!  Here we are almost finished with July 2022!  Just popping in to add a few more of my layouts.  These were done over a year ago, I'm just trying to catch up with my posting!

Sit back and enjoy the scroll...


Photo of my 3 children and me Easter 1991. I used a white background. The other papers all came from my scraps. I cut the title letters from navy card stock and layered it 4 times for dimension. I also added some Nuvo Crystal Glaze to each letter. The strips with words were cut from a very old Graphic 45 ppr. I cut the hearts with a die from Simon Says Stamps, added some wink of stella to each heart and a little white accent. The hearts are popped up - every other one. I also coated each of them with Crystal Glaze. I also added little pen stitching with a red pen to the white background and with a white pen on the navy strip. Journaling is tucked behind the red and white layer and reads:

I believe this photo is from Easter in 1991. We were a Grandma and Grandpa's house in Griffin, Georgia. Looking at this photo makes me realize just how fast you all grew up. It really seems like it was just a year or so ago…and yet it's been almost 20 years! I like all of these quotes I've used here on this layout, but the one that stands out to me the most is the last one …. At the end of the day, this is all that matters.


Photo of my DGS, Allen when he was about 1 month old. I used Kaisercraft papers and some blue scraps. The hearts were punched with an EK Success punch. The other punched edges were also done with an EK success punch (really old one). I matted the photos in black. Title work was cut with some Altenew dies and Memory Box Parker dies. I added some pearl drops. Journaling is tucked behind the big grey mat and reads:

Photos of Allen when he was just about a month old. Such a sweet baby boy. He looks so small here in these photos. Now he’s 15 years old, got his learners permit, and is much larger and taller than me! I do love this baby boy…even though he’s not a baby anymore!


Photo of my DGS, Allen when he was about 1 month old. I used Kaisercraft papers and some blue scraps. The hearts were punched with an EK Success punch. The other punched edges were also done with an EK success punch (really old one). I matted the photos in black. Title work was cut with some Altenew dies and Memory Box Parker dies. I added some pearl drops. Journaling is tucked behind the big grey mat and reads:

Photos of Allen when he was just about a month old. Such a sweet baby boy. He looks so small here in these photos. Now he’s 15 years old, got his learners permit, and is much larger and taller than me! I do love this baby boy…even though he’s not a baby anymore!


My DGD, Katie, many years ago. I used papers from the Hello Beautiful collection. The tags - perfection, life is goo and the title work were all created in the Silhouette program and cut with the Cameo. The happy little moments tag and the beautiful day circle are stickers from EP Spring Market. The little blooms are punched and the leaves are die cut. The striped paper was the back side of a gray with white dot paper that I added lines too by printing on a scrap of paper. I also added pearl nuvo drops to the flower centers. The background is a soft pink, but on my computer it looks a little bit lavender...hmm.


Just a few photos of the flowers and trees in my Mama's yard. I used a black card stock background. The flowers and bird were fussy cut from Hello Beautiful papers. I glued the edges down to the black, and then popped up some of the blooms. Title work was cut with Magnolia dies from QK (really old). Journaling was computer generated and printed. I added just a touch of Nuvo pearls scattered around the blooms.


I took a selfie the other day...do you know that there is NO way to take a photo that hides all the lines, wrinkles, and thinning white hair?!! So...this is the real me. My profile photo is probably 12 years ago...so much has changed in those 12 years! Anyway, I digress, and I can't do anything about the way I look. In December I'll be 70 years old...WOW!! This Alan Jackson song kind of sums up my life at this point. I printed the lyrics on the background paper. These papers are from a DCWV Hello Darlin' paper pad. The scalloped edges were punched with EK Success punch. The title letters were cut with QK dies (Diesel) and layered 3 times for dimension. I also added some crystal glaze to each letter. The flowers are a print and cut from the Silhouette Store that I resized to fit the corner of the photo. I backed the photo with a thin black frame. I also added a very thin black strip to each of the side borders. I also added some pink Nuvo drops around the flowers. No journaling except for the song lyrics.


Old photos of my DGD, Katie...she's 21 years old now! I used a solid white background. The solid green paper is old paper from Scenic Route, and the other papers are scraps from my scrap bin. The bird and the flowers are stickers from various EP paper packs. Trying to get some use out of all those stickers! LOL! I printed her name and punched it with a EK Success punch. Title work was cut with a really old QK die set. I cut it out 4 times and layered it for dimension with the top layer being cut from the same solid green from Scenic Route. I added a little pen stitching around the layout with a green Tombow marker.


Photo of my DIL and granddaughter, Helen Grace in 2007. I used EP Spring Collection. The title letters are stickers from the collection that I adhered to black card stock and trimmed out. The flowers are a print and cut from the Silhouette store that I resized to fit around the photo. The word strips with the name and date are computer generated and printed on a strip of the paper from the collection. The best day tag is a sticker from the collection. I added some Nuvo dots around the photo that I cut out with a stitched circle die and then cut out 4 layers of white with the same die and popped the photo up. No journaling on this one.


This was a LOT!  Thanks for hanging in there.  Hope you'll come back again soon...and thanks so much for visiting!

Photobucket


Pin It!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails