Wednesday, June 30, 2010

One Layer Wednesday - Patriotic Card

The challenge today from Susan Raihala's Simplicity blog (should you chose to accept it)...and I did...is to create a patriotic card in honor of the Fourth of July and to celebrate our country's heritage. Rushing home from work, I began to frantically go through my stamps. Darn! No flags...no patriotic sentiments! What's a girl to do?! Searching through my closet...I happened upon my creative hat. What?! You don't have one? I admit I misplace mine all the time, and never know where I might find it...but you should definitely get one!

I knew if I dug through my stash long enough, that I'd come up with something! I found my Fancy Pants stamps buried waaaaaayyyy back in the back of a cabinet....and low and behold...there's a star...and a star burst! Now, settling my creative cap tightly on my head, I began to stamp. Okay, so I totally messed up 3 cards before I finally finished a card that I "sorta" like.

I simply stamped three stars (Fancy Pants stamp), then the sentiment (Hero Arts) and topped it all off with the starburst (Fancy Pants). It still looked kinda plain, so I added a couple of red lines to hold it all together. So there! It's finished...and now that I think about it...it would make a great card to send to my grandson who is graduating from boot camp! Alright!

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love it when you leave me a comment...so...Until next time....

Hugs!



Pin It!

11 comments:

Susan G. said...

Love how this turned out!! The red border adds so much.

Susan Raihala said...

What an AWESOME card for your grandson! I appreciate him, too, and I don't think we can tell our armed forces enough that what they are doing is above and beyond. Your double lines are the perfect way to bring the whole design together!

Susie said...

Fabulous card. I love how the stars interrupt the frame on the left side. Everything on here is positioned perfectly. Love it.

Kara said...

Great card. I love the double line broder. It really adds a lot to your design!!
Kara

The Other Patti Sue said...

Super awesome card! Happy 4th of July!

Diane Jaquay said...

This is TERRIFIC Susan, very creative design!!

Janelle said...

The double lined framing was the perfect finishing touch. Great job!

Carol said...

This is a GREAT card! So festive, and so patriotic!

Bonnie said...

Very nice! What a perfect card for your grandson!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Great job... and please feel better knowing that I too struggled with this challenge.

PetraB said...

An amazing card with the layering of the stars and frame.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails