Saturday, September 24, 2011

Less is More 34 - A sketch

This week the challenge at Less is More is to use the following sketch to create a card.  Last week was a busy week for the challenge with 782 cards submitted for the challenge! We might not have reach 1000 cards as we were striving to do, but WOW...that's a lot of cards!  Here's the sketch we're to use this week:


Here's my cards (yes I made 4 different cards, and I would have more, but unfortunately a few of my cards ended up in the circular file, if you know what I mean).


For this first card, I used a Flourishes stamp.  I trimmed the image to approximately 2.25 x 2.25 inches and round two opposing corners.  I layered it on a piece of red.  I colored the image with Copics.  The tiny little hummingbird is from the same Flourishes collection. He was also colored with Copics and hand cut so that I could pop dot him over the flower.  The sentiment is from another Flourishes collection.

I like how this second card turned out.  The little snowman is an Inkadinkado stamp. I stamped the image in Memento black and colored him with Copics. I added a little grey highlights and then added some stickles for the snow drifts and snowflakes.  I cut the image out with a Spellbinder die and pop dotted it on a red background.  The sentiment is from PTI and was stamped with Versamark ink and embossed with white detail embossing powder. (I actually did a decent job with the embossing on this! LOL!)


I think this card might be my favorite of the four.  I recently purchased this fall collection.  It is a TPC Studio Collection.  I did a little masking with this.  I stamped the pumpkin, then masked it and stamped the sunflowers behind it.  After coloring the images with Copics, I sponged in some sky and a little ground. The sentiment is from PTI.

This card has several layers.  I embossed the circles on white, layered it on the blue. Stamped the image (Flourishes) on another piece of white and colored it with Copics.  I cut the shape out with a Spellbinder die, then added two mats (blue and gold) and hand cut the mats.  The banner sentiment is also a Flourishes stamp that I stamped and then cut with a Spellbinder die and added the blue and gold mats to it also.

Thought I'd share another layout with you too.


Photos of my grandchildren, Katie, Adam, and Maggie, playing at Pensacola Beach in April 2011. I used Bella Blvd Papers for this layout. The scalloped edge was hand cut, then I added a darker pink background layer. The clouds were cut from paper in the same Bella collection. I added some faux stitched corners and some faux stitching to the border strips. The photos are backed with a teal card stock. The robin's egg bling that was added to the scallops was colored with Copic markers. I also added a few "water" droplets with Robin's Egg bling. Tags are all Bella Blvd. Simple...quick. I seem to be doing a lot of simple and quick lately! LOL! (The black border was added in photoshop to make the edges of the layout show up when posted)

That's all for today.  Thanks so much for stopping by!! A BIG THANK YOU to all of you who came by my blog numerous times last week....I appreciate your comments!!  Until next time...

♥ Hugs! ♥




Pin It!

35 comments:

Kim S said...

These are each so charming and unique but I am in love with that out of the box hummingbird!

jimlynn said...

I'm in total LOVE with all those fantastic cards! Each one of them is beautiful.
Great layout too!
Lynn

Rosemary said...

good golly susan!! not one, but FOUR spectacular cards!!! hard to pick one... but i do really like the one with the pumpkin. super cute layout, too!

Chrissie said...

These are ALL simply stunning Susan. We are so lucky to see your contributions to our challenge each week!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
“Less is More”

Deborah Frings said...

Susan - you really have excelled yourself. These are all just so gorgeous. I like the detail of the hummingbird on the lovely flower, the snowman card is really striking (and probably my favourite), the sunflowers and pumpkin make a wonderful Autumn card and the flowers make a beauitful birthday card.

Then you round it off with a stunning layout too! Love the faux stitching on this and sweet picture of the grandchildren! Wonderful work.

Linby said...

Such varied cards and all fab. My fav is the one with the little hummingbird - so vibrant and lifelike.
Linbyx

Loli said...

YOU ARE AN ARTIST!!!!simply...FANTASTIC JOB.
A hug from Spain

Suze Bain said...

Fabulous cards Susan, the colouring on the pumpkin one is stunning! xx

June Houck said...

Each card is even prettier than the previous one…I'd love to see your bin creations…I'll bet they are not bad at all. These are all wonderful and the LO specatcular!!!

Mandi said...

Absolutely stunning cards Susan
Thank you so much
Mandi LIM

Jose said...

WOW! 4 cards and I love them all Susan

Suzilou said...

WOW you have been busy, all great cards, I do like your snowman and pumpkin but they are all fab :)

Carol said...

Four stunning cards Susan. Absolutely adore the snowman one, the red and white looks fabulous and your colouring is superb on the fall one. Love the uncluttered look of your LO yet there's so much detail on it! Carol x

Tara Cardwell said...

Wow - these are all total knockouts! Either the snowman or the pumpkin is my fave but I just can't decide :-D

Lynne said...

Absolutely stunning Susan, all of them. If I had to choose it would be the pumpkin one but only because I love the autumn colours.
Lynne xxx

Bonnie said...

Wow, Susan, you've been busy! I love the snowman in his scallop circle and the pumpkin and sunflowers are outstanding. Actually all these cards are outstanding!

Meggymay said...

A stunning set of cards, love the page as well. Yvonne x

Anne said...

Hi Susan what a great bunch of cards, love the hummingbird but the autumn one is just perfect
Anne
x

Jenny said...

Really cute cards Susan, I love the little snowman best, it's just so CAS!
Jenny x

Sally said...

Hi Susan, I love all four of your creations but the red card with the snowman has to my fave, I'm a sucker for cute snowmen. lol. Love your layout as well, very inventive.
Sally x

Lisa A. said...

Wow...4 cards...you rock, Susan!! They are all soo different, but so lovely(well, the snowman is sweet!!) I am not partial to Fall, but the one with the pumpkin has such strong, beautiful colors, that's the one I seem to favor the most! Your coloring is amazing...all very nice:)!!

Judy1223 said...

Good heavens, Susan, how DO you DO it? Each card is beautiful and unique in its own right. WOW! Your coloring is absolutely amazing, I am in awe. And what a lovely layout, too! SO talented!!

cnelson said...

Every single project...FABULOUS! I'm in AWE!

Princess4Wiz said...

Gorgeous cards, Susan! I am totally in awe of your talent and creativeness :-) Beth. xxx

Aileen said...

Super set of cards. All different and I love your scrapbook page. x

Maureen said...

Great selection of cards, well done. You can view my card here Maureen........x

ribenaruby said...

All great cards, love the pumpkin and sunflower one! Ruby x

Vicky Hayes said...

I just love coming to your blog Susan! These four cards are gorgeous and I think the pumpkin one is my favourite too. (I have just bought a wheel with squashes on it for the pleasure of colouring them in wonderful autumnal colours!) Your scrapbook pages are always an inspiration too.

Cheryl said...

OMG'osh four cards! They are all beautiful Susan...I think my favorite is the snowman. I may have to CAS that one! lol...

fatmonica said...

Beautiful cards-I love that pumpkin one -the colours jump off the card at me!

Sue said...

Four fabulous cards Susan. I have to agree with you, my favourite is the pumpkin one too. Sue.x

Viv said...

Such beautiful cards and I love the scrapbook page too, well done :O) Viv xx

Michelle Short said...

All your cards are goregous Susan as is your LO too. My fave is the huminbird though, I love the red and green together and I love the flower and bird stamps - beautiful.

Thanks for the lovely comment on my card, yes I use the Cuttlebug with the PTI EP. I use the A plate, B plate, embossing plate, card i want to emboss, 3 sheets of thin card, tan mat and b plate. PTI sell the tan mat and they also sell an embossing pack with a vanilla mat in which I will add to my next order. Hope this helps! x

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I love all of your cards, but the hummingbird stole my heart. I just love the way you popped it out, love the opposing corners - fabulous. The snowman is adorable, and I love the sky on the pumpkin card. The birthday card is beautiful, and I love your scrapbook page as well. You've been busy!

Daria said...

Wonderful cards! You did a great job with this sketch. TFS.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails