Sunday, March 18, 2012

Create For Fun Color Challenge 50

 

I've been looking at this challenge for a while and finally decided to jump in and play along.  The challenge is called CR84FN (Create for Fun) and is a color challenge.  This week the challenge is to create a card using the colors pink, orange, and yellow.

 Strange combination, but it worked out better than I'd envisioned.  Here's my take on the challenge.

 I made this card by adhering strips of pink, orange, and yellow to a piece of card stock, then punching the shaped edge.  The ribbon slots were also punched using a MS punch.  The sentiment is from PTI.  I found three different sized flowers in my stash in the colors I needed, and stacked them and added a piece of pink bling for the center. I also added some green leaves behind the flower. Leaves were cut with a Memory Box die.


I wanted to try something a bit different for this card, so I used my largest Spellbinder die for the flourished square cut in orange.  The finished size of this card is approximately 4.25 x 4.25 inches.  I added a layer of yellow in a 3 inch square.  I used some 1/8 inch score tape to adhere the bright pink ribbon around the card and added a bow with the same ribbon.  To make the back of the card, I cut a square piece the width of the solid area of the front of the card plus 1/2 inch extra.  I scored the piece at 1/2 inch and folded it down. This is the area I attached to the back of the card for the fold.  The ribbon hides where the two pieces are joined. The sentiment is from PTI and was stamped on white card stock.  I cut it out using a Spellbinder die, then cut a small bright pink border for the banner.  The sentiment is pop dotted for a little added dimension.  I added three tiny pieces of bright pink bling to finish it off.

That's my take on the challenge.  Thanks so much for stopping by!! Your comments are always appreciated and welcomed.  Until next time...

Hugs!
Photobucket


Pin It!

9 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

These are lovely Susan! I especially like the first with the threaded ribbon and the tropical feel!

Unknown said...

What a fabulous job you've done with that colour combination. I love how you created the strip border.

Mona Pendleton said...

Both of these cards are lovely Susan! The multicolored border looks great on the first and love the fancy shaped label used for the second one! Thanks so much for joining along with CR84FN :)

Jenny said...

Love the border on the first card Susan...Vicky said it perfectly...very tropical :0)
Jenny x

Aileen said...

Love your cards and the colour scheme is so bright and sunny. Love the dotty border on the first. x

Joyce said...

Both of these are really stellar. I love the border you created in the first.

Lisa Elton said...

How pretty Susan! Love the ribbon treatment and your sweet little flower ;)

Mynn xx said...

These are awesome, Susan! LOVE the paper piecing on the first one! :)

Deborah Frings said...

Hi Susan - great to have you join us!! I think your cards are super. The multi-coloured border is lovely, but I just adore the ornate square card! So elegant. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails