Sunday, September 16, 2012

OLW 105 - Autumn

The One Layer Wednesday challenge is hosted by Cheryl at A Paperie Journey.  Cheryl has challenged us to create a card that says "autumn" to us.  There are so many ways this could be illustrated.  Here's a few that I've done for the challenge.


I've made a card similar to this card quite a while back, but I love the design of the card, so I thought I'd do another one.  When I think about Autumn, I think about the changing colors of the leaves that fall for so many months!  This is a standard size card.  I punched two different sized leaves down the right side of the card, then inked the inside of the card with several colors of DI (red, orange, yellow, and a touch of green).  To add the speckles of green, I simply wadded up a piece of paper and used the paper as my stamp.  The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink.  After I finished it, I decided that it need just a little something extra, so I sponged in some lines down either side of the card....making the left side wider than the right side.  Super quick and easy card to make...and I love it.


This card is actually 4.25 x 4.24.  I was trying something different with the ink to stamp the image and I can't say that I particularly like the results.  I stamped the image and the sentiment in HA wet cement ink.  I think you'll see what I mean with this next card.  Corn is an Inkadinkado stamp and the sentiment is from Papertrey Ink.


Using the same image on this tiny card I stamped it in Memento's black...and I like it much better.  This card is actually 3 x 3...very tiny!  The sentiment is just a little too big, I think, and I'm not really sure I like a 3 x 3 format.  That being said...since I had another 3 x 3 card base, I decided to make another small card.


The image and the sentiment are both from Flourishes.  Don't have a clue what to use this card for...maybe just something to brighten up someones day?

That's all for me for the OLW challenge.  Be sure to pop over to to Cheryl's blog and check out all the other entries!

Thanks a million for stopping by!  Hope you have a wonderful day...and thanks so much for your wonderful comments!  Until next time...

Hugs!
Photobucket


Pin It!

6 comments:

kingstonmama said...

These are gorgeous, Susan, but I have to say the first one is a stunner. I can hardly believe it's one-layer, it has so much depth to it. Just beautiful.

Darnell said...

That leaf card is a show-stopper, Susan. I've pinned it. Great idea to just wad up some paper for a stamp for making specklets. You're the best!

Suze Bain said...

These are fab Susan, my favourite has to be the autumn leaf one - fabulous inking and design. x

Ardyth said...

These are all wonderful OLW cards with great autumn images!

Sandra H said...

Susan, They are all so lovely x

Cheryl said...

Awesome cards, Susan! I love your leaf card. Great design! And, your 3x3's are so sweet. Thanks for playing along this week.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails