Thursday, February 7, 2013

Playing with The Paper Players

I've never played along with The Paper Players weekly challenge.  The challenge this week is to make a sympathy card.  Thank goodness I don't need one right now, but it will be good to have on hand.  My card is super simple and took just minutes to make.  Here's what I came up with...



I used a white card base and a black panel cut at 5.25 x 4 inches.  I heat embossed with white the sentiment from PTI.  The flowers were cut with a MB die from white card stock (left over from a card I made last week).  I adhered the flowers to the black panel, then pop dotted the panel onto the white card base.  I had a difficult time getting the black card to look black in photos, until I changed the photo background to red paper.  I'm still working on getting better with my heat embossing.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I appreciate all your wonderful comments! Until next time...

Hugs!  

Photobucket


Pin It!

10 comments:

Sandra H said...

It's a beautiful card Susan x

Bonnie said...

So pretty, Susan! This is a great die!

jimlynn said...

Gorgeous! I would have never thought to turn that die on the side! Love it.
Lynn

Brian King said...

Susan, Your card is stunning. I love it for its simplicity and clean style. Thanks for playing along with The Paper Players this week!

Vicki Hodgman said...

I think your Sympathy card is perfect in every way. Understated Elegance. Vx

Unknown said...

Great card Susan. Love the way you've positioned the flower horizontally rather than in the more conventional vertically.

Hugs.

Karen x

Mrs Harry said...

Hi Susan, I agree with Lynn, I too would not have thought of using that flower on its side (I will now!). Your heat embossing looks fine to me, no stray specks of white that I usually get. Thanks for sharing such a lovely simple idea. I need to make some sympathy cards and that's given me a starting point for ideas.

Ann Schach said...

What a gorgeous card, Susan! It is clean and simple perfection! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Susan, this is simply stunning! I just love the clean design and your embossing is perfect. When I use white embossing powder, it always looks like it is snowing on my card. Haha! Very, VERY pretty! Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

Darnell said...

I love the layout you've used here, Susan, with the die and the sentiment! BTW, I think you did an awesome job with your embossing! It's hard to do white on black, or vice versa. Okay, wait, all embossing is difficult. I'm taking the CAS2 online class, you know, and those ladies just hold their cardstock and aim the gun and walla, perfect. No card warping or flecks of powder. Sigh! Anyway, that's not why you called ... beautiful card!

Thanks, too, for the tip about putting the red behind the black for the photo!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails