Saturday, May 20, 2017

LIM #329 - Geometrics

I hope none of you faint!  Here I am back again for the 3rd day in a row!!  I've had a productive day today.  Finished a dress for one of my granddaughters, bought groceries to prepare dinner tonight for two of my children and their families and made two cards for the Less is More Challenge!

And....I'm getting my cards posted on the same day I made them! WooHoo!!!


For this first card, I used a wood mounted stamp (that I coveted) from the wonderful Darnell of djkardkreations and leader of the NBUS challenges.  So...thank you, Darnell!  I stamped the image in versamark and heat embossed it with gold embossing powder.  I colored in parts of the image with two yellow Copic markers.  The butterfly is from Hero Arts, and was also stamped and heat embossed with gold.  I fussy cut the image and added some yellow to the butterfly.  The sentiment is from SSS. I colored the side of the card and the sentiment strip with one of the Copic markers, then heat embossed the sentiment in gold.  Added a few drops of Nuvo to match, and popped the white panel with some craft foam.


Not too sure about this card.  It might not be CAS enough for the challenge.  I got this new 6 x 6 image from Concord and 9th.  I think I might need just a "little" more practice with the stamp! After my attempt at stamping, I added some Wink of Stella to the blue triangles and the orange stripe down the right side.  I wiped the blue ink on a scrap of white to make the sentiment tag.  Sentiment is from SSS and is heat embossed with white.  Added just a few Nuvo drops and popped the panel with craft foam.

That's all for me today....As always, thanks so much for stopping in.  I appreciate your visit...and I appreciate each and every comment!
Photobucket


Pin It!

14 comments:

Cardsbymaaike said...

lovely geametric feel and i also love the monochrome look, well done

ElizStewart said...

Love your butterfly geometric... just fabulous!

Gerrina said...

Just love that first card! Such sunny colours and great balance in the design!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Fabulous geometric cards, Love the first with it's "cleanness" and the second for it's colours, Both beautiful cards.
Faith
x
PS well done you, for being so productive. :)

Bonnie said...

The first card is CAS perfection, Susan!! Love the design and colors! The second is perfect for a geometric challenge! Good for you getting so much done in one day!

Kathyk said...

Both makes are super but my personal fave is the first and, if that coveted image is Hero Arts then I believe I have that stamp too!

Kathyk

Trina P. said...

Lovely set of cards, Susan. What a greatstamp Darnell gave you. Love the layout and the gold/yellow combo. And I just bought that Triangle Turnabout stamp set. Can't wait to ink it up and try it out. Hope to stamp it as beautifully as you have. Thank you for joining us this week at Less is More.

Susan said...

Your entry is so pretty. The butterfly is very delicate and lovely. Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

Darnell said...

I love how you used the coveted geometric stamp for the LIM challenge, Susan! You're very welcome! And I love that you posted three days in a row! You've been like the energizer bunny lately...long may the MOJO juices flow!! Hugs, Darnell

Sandra H said...

Beautiful! x

Ankie vd Polder said...

Lovelymgeometric cards. Have a nice day, Ankie

cotnob said...

Two fabulous cards Susan, I especially like the first one - a brilliant design.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Viv said...

Two fab geometric cards here Susan, looks like you were on a roll lately too ;) Viv xx

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Wow! I was totally bowled over by your first card Susan and I'm still swooning! Gosh....think I may be coveting that stamp too now because it is fab- U- lous. How wonderful for the generous Darnell to send it to you. The yellows and golds on that card give it such a sunny happy look. Maybe the second card is a little too busy for our challenge but what an amazing stamp that is and it does look gorgeous in those primary colours. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails