Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Merry Monday and a Little Scrapbooking

Thought I'd play along with Merry Monday Christmas Challenge this week which is to create a card using mistletoe.  



Here's my take on the challenge...


I cut out the mistletoe on my Cameo...including the big bow.  I printed the sentiment through the Silhouette program, then cut the stitched border with a die from SSS.  I cut the berries separately and popped some of them with foam tape. I colored the mistletoe, berries and the bow with Copic markers.  I also added a touch of wink of stella to the berries. Added it all to a red card base...and done! 

I've gotten back to my scrapbooking a little more.  I hadn't scrapped in so long that it's like learning how all over again.  I've managed to complete about 6 layouts in the last week...so I must be getting my mojo back! LOL!



Photos of my youngest daughter when she was about 12 years old. I used October Afternoon papers along with some red card stock and a stripe from my scraps. I created the title work in the Silhouette Program. The little girl carrying the cake is a stamp that I colored with Copics and fussy cut. I added some Nuvo drops for the bumps on the cake and a little Wink of Stella on the stars and her headband. The "messy hair, Don't care" tags were created in the Silhouette program and printed. The red tags were stamped and heat embossed in white. The dog and the two red tags were MFT's four legged stamp set. The presents across the strip are a die from Simon Says Stamps. After die cutting it, I colored all the little present pieces and put them back in the die. Journaling was computer generated. 


Photos of my mother holding my second daughter, Kimberly when she was just 6 days old. Word paper is from Echo Park "Our Family" collection. Red paper is some really old paper from my stash. Hearts were die cut and punched. All were coated with Wink of Stella, and some of the hearts are covered with glossy accents. The leaf branches are a MS punch just joined together end to end. I added some faux stitching and some lines around the base pieces. The arrows were cut from paper in the EP collection. Journaling is tucked behind the word mat and there is a heart pull tab at the top. Title work was generated in the Silhouette Program and cut out 4 times and layered for dimension. The "family" tag is from the EP collection. 


I just finished this layout today, and thought I'd get it posted too.  Photos of my two youngest children with their elementary school PE coach.  He was a part of their lives from kindergarten through 5th grade.  We also attended church with him and his family.  I used the plaid papers from Lawn Fawn.  The title work was cut with the Silhouette (three times and layered for dimension).  The whistle and school bus are from the Silhouette store.  I colored the orange strip and the title letters with Copic markers. The wood grain paper is from Echo Park "It's a Boy" collection.  I added some black lines and faux stitching. The yellow circle behind the title work was cut with a die then embossed with a stitched die. School bus and whistle were adhered with foam tape. Journaling is tucked behind the solid yellow mat.

That's all for me today....As always, thanks so much for stopping in.  I appreciate your visit...and I appreciate each and every comment!
Photobucket


Pin It!

9 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

What a fun and bright mistletoe card Susan...love the sentiment too! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Merry Monday!! :0)

Cindy C. said...

Super cute Mistletoe card! And your layouts are wonderful, thanks for sharing.

Heather Hopson said...

I love your card. Unlike me you have white berries on your mistletoe............I don't know what I was thinking I put red berries LOL.
Very nicely done!

Barbetka said...

Mistletoe looks alive - beautiful card

Barbetka said...

Mistletoe looks alive - beautiful card :)

Colleen said...

Fantastic mistletoe card Susan. It is so bright and festive. Thanks for playing aling with us at Merry Monday!

JD/ Jill said...

Very nice Christmas card...your sentiment is just perfect for this challenge!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Wow you have been busy! Great LOs! And your mistletoe card is beautiful! Thanks for playing with us at Merry Monday.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

LOVING your card, the seed looks almost real, love the bow and the sentiment, you are really clever with the Cameo. GREAT layouts, must have brought back lovely memories.
Faith
x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails