Saturday, February 17, 2018

Three Challenges!

I know it's been a while, but I just can't seem to always get things posted in a timely manner! LOL!  I always have good intentions...but...you know what they say about good intentions! I did manage to get three cards made and I'm actually getting them posted!

I did get a couple of cards made for the Twofer Challenge...and one of them fits the sketch for the CAS(E) this Sketch challenge.  The flower card also fits in with The Flower Challenge.  

 Here's my cards for the Twofer Challenge which is "hearts".


As you can see by the strip of "hearts" in front of the cards...this is the stamp I've used for two different cards. 


The stamp is from PTI (and I've had it forever!) and is a single heart that I've stamped several times.  The card on the right was made by stamping the hearts down a strip of paper.  I layered the white stamped strip on a piece of red card stock and adhered to the card base.  The sentiment is also from PTI and was heat embossed in white on a piece of the red card stock and then punched with a heart punch.  I added tiny dots of white with a gel pen. 


This card was made by stamping the hearts and cutting them out.  I paper pieced the hearts to a circle cut from red card stock.  I hand cut the flower stem and leaves from green card stock. Sentiment is from PTI.  I added a large pearl to the center of the flower and heat embossed the sentiment with black embossing powder.


This card doesn't really fit a challenge that I know of...it's just one that I made for my son's birthday which will be on the 24th of this month.  My baby....he'll be 39!!! WOW! Where does the time go!!!  I used a really old SU set for the leaf and the background.  The Happy Birthday sentiment is from PTI.  I cut the bottom point using a large hexagon die, then added the strips of brown on top of it.  I also scored lines across the top and down the sided of the white.

As always, thanks so much for stopping in.  I appreciate your visit...and I appreciate each and every comment!
Photobucket




Pin It!

13 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful array of card designs. I really love the ones using the hearts the way you did.

Cathy said...

Great cards Susan, love how you've ceated the flower from the hearts! That's a fantastic masculine card too, the scoring really adds a classy touch, Cathy x

Kara Lynne said...

Wonderful twofer and a bonus! Your twofer cards are both beautiful and I love the way you used the hearts to create a flower! Your son's birthday card is so masculine and classy! I love the details like your score lines. Thanks for joining in on the fun with us at the Twofer Card Challenge!

Leigh Penner said...

Wonderful cards!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

GLORIOUS cards Susan - ALL 3 of them.
Faith
x

Darnell said...

I'm so delighted you came out to play along in Twofer Card Challenge #2, Susan! Thank you! Your polka-dottie hearts look so stunning in both designs! I love the heart panel on your thank you card and dotting the heart was genius; it gives the look of felt on my monitor! And your heart flower is simply CASlicious in every way! It's a flawless classic design, but the polka-dots add fun whimsy!! Hugs, Darnell

Susanne Vargas said...

Your polka dotted heart looks so sweet both as a flower and as a row down the side of the thank you card! Wonderful CAS designs!
Thank you for joining us at the Twofer!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Beautiful creations, I love the card you entered at THE FLOWER CHALLENGE, the polka dot paper looks fabulous on this little flower, what a clever way to use the hearts to create it.
Thank you for playing along with us, I hope you come back next time.
Hugs.

Viv said...

Such lovely cards here Susan,love them all equally ;) Viv xx

Anita in France said...

Your row of hearts is so deliciously crisp and bold, Susan ... love how you added the white dots around the red heart ... they mimic the other polka dot hearts beautifully ... great detailing! Pretty and clever use of the hearts for your lovely bloom ... sweet and wonderfully CAS! Thanks so much for your visit and kind words ... and for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)

Carol Cel said...

I love all the cards -- but especially love the card you made for your son's birthday!

Happy Dance said...

Just wanted to say how sweet these cards are! I do so love polka dots, and the sweet hearts are wonderful all dressed in them. The reds are rich and lovely and the way you've made the flower is delightful. The card for your son is elegant and I know he'll love it. Thank you so much for playing with us at the Twofer Challenge. Bev

TaeEun said...

The red polka dot hearts on the Twofer cards are so pretty!!! Love the paper pieced DIY flower! Very creative!!! Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails