Friday, December 3, 2010

DRS Designs and Ornaments Galore

I was recently asked by Sue at DRS Designs Rubber Stamps to design a card using their stamps .  Actually, I made two cards because I had two different ideas rattling around in my head!  Sue sent me a few of their stamps and this is what I've created with them.  The stamps are red rubber unmounted stamps and I was really pleased with the crisp, clear image you get with them.  


 

















For this first card I stamped the image on heavy white card stock, colored the image with Copic markers and then added a bit of glitter to each of the ornaments.  I used a Spellbinder die to cut the image out, then backed it with some shiny, textured red paper.  The layer behind the shape was embossed with a dotted Swiss embossing folder and also backed with the shiny, textured red paper.  I used a white card base, layered the embossed layer, then put the ornament layer on with pop dots.  Tied gold cord around about three times and added a bow...all done!


This is the inside of the dotted Swiss card.  The sentiment and the "Merry Christmas" are two separate stamps.


I had a difficult time getting this second card from inside my head to the paper, although I am please with the final outcome.  I was inspired by this design from a card I saw at Splitcoast Stampers designed by Kathy.  I wanted it to look like ornaments hanging from the tree on the inside of a window.  I added lots of stickles for "frost" on the windows.  The snowflakes were cut with the Silhouette and I added just a touch of glitter to each snowflake.The Merry Christmas sign was made with the stamp I used inside the other card...I just punched it out with a ticket punch and added gold leafing to the edges. The holly leaves were also cut with the Silhouette and I added three small red bling for the berries.

I added a portion of the Ornaments Galore stamp on the inside of the card and colored them with my Copic markers. 

Thanks so much for stopping by! If you get a chance, head over to DRS Designs and check out all the great stamps they have.  I must admit, I had a VERY difficult time choosing the stamp I wanted to use for my card.

Until next time...

Hugs!




Pin It!

3 comments:

snapdragon said...

I like both of these cards, but I like the second one best- probably because I like looking in people's windows at their decorations...!

Jane F. Smith said...

Your cards are simply stunning!!! love the hanging ornaments! Have a wonderful Christmas holiday!!!

Bonnie said...

This is such a beautiful card Susan! I love the glitter on the beautifully colored ornaments! Thanks for the inspiration!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails