Saturday, April 27, 2013

Less is More....Really!


For the Less is More challenge this week, we've been provided a sketch by Jen.  Isn't this a great sketch?  Initially, I stumbled around trying to think of something to do that would be...you know...different.  That caused a great strain on my poor brain, so I just sat down and got busy!


I actually made 5 cards this week for the challenge.  My first card was also for the CASology challenge, so I put it in another post.  I don't often do this (as I usually can't seem to combine challenges!).  Anyway.....let's have a look at my cards for this week's challenge at Less is More.


Can you tell that I'm really enjoying this technique?! LOL!  I stamped a Hero Arts image with HA ink (sand).  This time, I actually cut the letters from the stamped piece, then cut the letters out two more times and adhered them to the back of the stamped letters to give it a little dimension.  Please note...when you have a letter that has a center like the letter "o", you have to adhere it lower than the rest of the letter to keep the dimension.  I backed my stamped piece with a piece of gold iridescent vellum (so I would have something to adhere the center of the "o" to).  I stamped the sentiment from Simon Says Stamps, then backed the strip with more of the gold iridescent vellum.  Then I adhered everything directly to the card base.


For this second card, I cut the flower shape with the Cameo, then stamped the Flourishes image on the cut out.  I colored the flowers with Copics, then adhered the flower to a piece of yellow card stock.  I lightly inked the edges of the yellow with a Copics Y24 marker.  I colored the banner with the same marker....adding in touches of Y11 and Y00 to give it a splotchy look.  The sentiment is from PTI and is pop dotted over the flowers.


For this card, I stamped this image from HA.  It is a pretty big image, so I had to trim off the edges a bit...not sure how I like that look....but I need it to be smaller.  The sentiment is from Flourishes.  I colored the image with Copics and added some tiny bling to the centers of the flowers.  The sentiment and the flower panel are on pop dots for added dimension.


This last card is SO super simple!.  I stamped the sentiment focal point in black (PTI sentiment).  I also stamped three red stars and highlighted them with a Sakura clear star pen.  I embossed the sentiment panel with a PTI embossing plate, bordered the image in red and pop dotted it to the white card base.  The strip was cut from the same red patterned paper.  I cut the fish-tailed ends on the banner, then added five tiny pieces of bling.  

Once I got started with this sketch, I could have made a dozen cards...but I forced myself to stop at 5! LOL!...So...which is your favorite?  I'm partial to the first card and the last card.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Your comments and your visits are always appreciated!! Until next time...

Hugs!

Photobucket


Pin It!

19 comments:

Sandra H said...

Wow they are all my favourite Susan l couldn't pick any of them out as they truly are stunning x

Margaret said...

They're all fab Susan. You beat me I've only made 3 for this challenge - so far!!!
Margaret x

Loll said...

All your cards are awesome, Susan. If I had to pick, I'd pick the first one ... such a great technique (thanks for the tip about the "o"). Loll xx

LisiB said...

These cards are truly amazing. I have to try the first technique!Thanks for the inspiration.

Barb Ghig said...

"All" of your cards are just beautiful, Susan! So many lovely techniques and colors...very well done!

Anonymous said...

All gorgeous cards-very hard to choose only one...i really,really like the Sunflower-gorgeous :)
Nessa xx

GinaA said...

Stunning collection of cards, I love how you have created depth with the cut out letters, very cleaver idea, thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

I think we will have to start calling the challenge MORE IS MORE if you continue to make so many beautiful cards Susan!!! lol My favourite is definitely the first one - absolutely love the technique and look of it. No-one seems to have a name for this new technique .....any ideas? Thanks for the tip on the "O".

Karen x

Beanie said...

I love the second one... the colours are so bright & warming.

Claudia said...

Wow, Susan, you have been again so creative. So many cards and each is just unique. Love the first one most, because it is somehow so elegant.

Thanks also for your lovely comment on my blog. Hugs and a nice Sunday evening
Claudia

Fat Dormouse said...

They're all great, but the first is my favourite. Well done!

Dormouse (dormouse.wibsite.com)

Jeanne H said...

The "YOU" card is my favorite. It is just stunningly beautiful and CAS. tfs

Rosemary said...

another absolutely amazing set of cards, susan!! each one is just fantastic!

Fiona said...

Fabulous cards Susan. My fave is No.3.

Chrissie said...

These are all simply fabulous Susan, but I really, really like the first one...I'm still really keen on that technique too!
Thanks as ever
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Bonnie said...

I think the first and second are my favorites, Susan! But I love them all! As always you rock this challenge!

Jen Nelson said...

all stunning susan.. last one is my favourite

Thanks for joining us this week
Jen
"Less Is More"

Jenni's Jems said...

Wow and loving that first one so elegant and as for the rest... fabulous! x

Viv said...

Love all of them Susan, just fabulous :) Viv xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails