Thursday, January 19, 2017

CASology and HLS January Challenge...and much more!

I've been really busy making cards this week.  I need a boxed set for a gift and then just some birthday cards for upcoming birthdays...so get ready...lots to see!

               


This first card works for the cue card at CASology and Happy Little Stampers January "anything goes with dies" challenges.


The flowers are die cuts from Penny Black that I cut out of watercolor paper and painted with watercolors.  I had to paint them several times to get the deep red color I wanted. On another piece of water color paper, I loosely painted the background with green and blue.  I really love how the background turned out! I then cut the background with a stitched rectangle die from SSS and popped the flowers on top of the painted background.  The sentiment is from Sugar Pea Designs.


This card could also work for both challenges.  I cut a 4.25 x 5.5 inch piece of water color paper and added my watercolors in blue and yellow.  I "think" I might be getting the hang of water colors! I die cut the word "Kindness" from the painted background and also cut it from a piece of craft foam and popped it back in the water color base.  The die and the rest of the sentiment are also from Sugar Pea Designs. (Oh...and don't forget to pop the little pieces from the middle of the letters back in the appropriate places!)

Ok...now comes the "photo heavy" part....LOL!































This one is entirely hand painted



















The first ten of this last group of cards will be used as a boxed set that I'm giving as a gift.  I've also made a cute little purse (Thanks for the link [for the purse by LeeAnn Greff] to the tutorial, Loll!)



Whew!  I think that's all for right now...

Sorry for such a LONG post, but I really wanted to share my burst of inspiration! For the sake of space and time, I didn't put a description of the cards in this post, but as always, if you have any questions about how something was done, or what products were used...just drop me an email and let me know. (You can click on the contact me button on the right hand side of this blog.)

As always, thanks so much for stopping in.  I appreciate your visit...and I appreciate each and every comment!
Photobucket


Pin It!

6 comments:

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Love the watercoloring with the dies. Beautifully rich colours. Thanks for joining the CASology challenge this week.

Sue said...

Wow, Susan, you have been busy! What a beautiful set of cards. I really like the butterfly card, love that watercolour background. I am sure your friend will be delighted with her gift and you did a great job with the little purse.

Cathy said...

What a gorgeous array of cards! Your friend will love the set in that sweet carry bag, Cathy x

Bonnie said...

You have been very busy, Susan! A beautiful bunch of cards! Aren't those card purses great?

Joyce said...

I am simply overwhelmed with the sheer creativity and beautiful creations you have posted here. They are all so wonderful. Thanks so much for including CASology in your creative fun this week.

Deepti Aggarwal said...

OMG!!! Love both the cards..Love the way you have played with your watercolors..Thank you so much for joining us at Happy Little Stampers - anything goes with dies. Hugs xx Deepti

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails