Tuesday, January 24, 2017

NBUS Challenge - Week 2



I thought I'd play along with Darnell's NBUS #9 Challenge this week, which is to use NBUS (never before used schtuff).   


I've made a couple of cards thus far...so off we go...


This first card will make you dizzy if you look at it long enough!  The new schtuff I used on this card is the diagonal striped background from MFT and the Kindness die cut from Sugar Pea Designs. The diagonal stripe is actually a wide stripe, but I used my MISTI to stamp a second image under the first by shifting the card panel down a tad to stamp the second time. I cut the "kindness" from the card panel, after adhering it to some fun foam, then inserted it back into the card panel.  The trick with these type of cards is not losing all the little bitty pieces that go in the holes in the letters! And...in a word like this, you have to make sure you put the right pieces back in the holes or the pattern won't line up.  I had to trim the panel down a bit, so I used the dark pink (SSS) ink to color the edges of the card base, then popped the panel off set on the front of the card base.  SUPER simple and quick card!


This is the second card I made with NBUS.  The only NBUS on the card is the flower.  It's a stamp set that I've probably had for several years, but it's never seen ink (bless it's little heart!).  It's from an old Flourishes set called Chrysanthemums.  I cut the sending from the card base just like the first card using the fun foam.  The word "hugs" is from SSS Best Hugs sentiments. I also used the peek-a-boo die to cut the aperture in the card panel.  Flower was colored with Copics and I added a little wink of stella for sparkle. Flower is mounted on card base and panel is popped over it with fun foam.

Darnell...I don't need a prize...just doing this for the fun of it! MWAH ♥

As always, thanks so much for stopping in.  I appreciate your visit...and I appreciate each and every comment!
Photobucket


Pin It!

9 comments:

Bonnie said...

The stripes in the light and darker pink are so pretty and clever, Susan! Love, love, love that framed flower on the second card!

jimlynn said...

Susan, they're BOTH beautiful! Love the way you did the hidden word on that first one and the second is so pretty with a beautiful flower. Outstanding!
Lynn

Sandra H said...

Wow Susan both cards are amazing x

My Paper Epiphany said...

I love both your cards - so clever hiding the sentiment in the stripes and the white on white sentiment looks fabulous!

Aileen said...

Susan another two beautiful cards, love the pink strips, looks wonderful with the inset die cut and your second card that flower is so pretty and the die you have used there is another on my list to add to NBUS. Love them both

Jean said...

Gorgeous cards!!

Cheryl W. said...

Both of your cards are just beautiful! It's fun to see how others use the hidden word technique.

Canonbury creations said...

2 great cards Susan, particularly love the 2nd one!
Val x

Darnell said...

These are stunning, Susan! You did a really precise job stamping those stripes, even with the help of MISTI, and the hidden word is reset precisely! I'm impressed! And your beautiful mum is so vibrant in purple against that yellow! I have that peek-a-boo die in my NBUS, so thank you for the inspiration! And, of course, thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #9 and joining in the optional theme! Sorry I'm so late getting to you because of my wee wee surgery! Hugs, Darnell

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails