Saturday, January 28, 2017

LIM #313 - Balloons

It just so happened that I just made a card this morning that fits perfectly with the LIM challenge for this week!  I needed a card for a new baby, so I made this cute little gift card holder card. 



The only part that opens on this card is the light blue striped piece on the very front of the card base (and is the actual card).  The flap that says "welcome Ezra" is held down by the elephant's trunk.  When you slide the sentiment tab out from under the elephant's trunk, the card will open to display a gift card and a message.  The elephant is from W Plus 9 Unforgettable set, the "welcome" part of the sentiment is from PTI, and the name was stamped with Concord and 9th's Perfectly Penned set. The sentiments was stamped in versamark and heat embossed with white.  I colored the elephant and balloon with Copics and cut them out to pop on the front of the card. I would say this was a quick and easy card...and it probably would have been if I hadn't totally messed up the elephant's eyes on the first one I cut out...so that meant that I had to re-stamp, re-color, and cut another one out! Other than that little mess up, it was quick! LOL!

As always, thanks so much for stopping in.  I appreciate your visit...and I appreciate each and every comment!
Photobucket


Pin It!

10 comments:

Canonbury creations said...

Stunning card Susan love that cute elephant! The card design is great.
Val x

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Cute, clever and gorgeous Susan and a superb take on our balloon challenge at Less is More. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week. Sarah

Susan said...

Such a sweet card...and perfect for the challenge. Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

Gerrina said...

I love how you places the balloon on his tail! That's what made me smile the moment I saw your card! And it is a sweet babycard!

Kathyk said...

Aww this is so sweet

Kathyk

Esther said...

What a clever design! I love the creativity. The elephant is adorable... perfect for our balloons challenge! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

Bonnie said...

This is adorable, Susan! What a clever gift card holder!

Neets B said...

Brilliantly executed, Susan. Love the mix of spots and stripes too.
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita xx

Karen Dunbrook said...

such an adorable card...

Viv said...

Great card Susan and I love that cute little ellie too ;) Viv xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails