Saturday, April 23, 2011

LIM12 - Off Centered - Not ME...the Image!

Okay, okay...so maybe I am a little off-centered...but that's not why we're here today! Another Saturday has rolled around...and it's time again to be challenged by Chrissie and Mandi at the new hot spot in town...Less is More.  I thought last week's challenge to use acetate was difficult...it didn't compare to the wailing and gnashing of teeth that went on in my craft room today!   I totally understand the concept of "off-centered"...I mean, I do it all the time! So I can't begin to tell you why I was having so many problems today!  This is the first card I made. I had been envisioning it all morning while I ran errands. I don't know what happened, but my thoughts did not transfer to my card stock ...nowhere close to what I was thinking!  I got my stars all arranged on my acrylic block and stamped it on my card stock (after practicing on paper NUMEROUS times).  It was then that I realized that I didn't have a sentiment that would be appropriate or fit in the space I left for it!  So, I decided I could handwrite it....HA! I colored the stars..then added some stickles.  Then I had the bright idea to put glitter on the sentiment I had handwritten...BIG MISTAKE!!

Back to the drawing board, so to speak...and I tried it again when I found a sentiment  I thought would work with the stars. So, this time I stamped all of one type of star with one different one. I colored them all yellow and then added a little stickles to the different looking star.....blah....still not what I'd envisioned!

My third try....Okay, I like this one a little better.  I love the image (Flourishes - Lenten Rose)...love the way I colored it (with my Copics)...but after finishing it, I decided that it was a little too much "more" and not enough "less"....

For my last and final effort I used a stamp I just got from Close to My Heart.  Can't say I've seen too many blue flowers...but I love how they turned out! The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink's Through the Woods collection.
Before I go...thought I share the second card I did for the acetate challenge.  I didn't post it to the challenge, because I wasn't too happy with it.  Not sure why I didn't like it, but it just didn't appeal to me when I finished.  I had some acetate cards that I purchased ages ago...so I used an embossing folder to emboss the front of the card.  You really couldn't see the embossing until I put the white card stock behind it.  Then to attach the card stock, I put some sticky dots under the bling I added to the flower centers. 



















And, here's a little peek at the inside of the card.  I used a Spellbinder label die and then just stamped the sentiment on it.  I figure if I wanted to send it I could use a sharpie to sign it....sigh.....now you can see why I didn't post it!



















I know this was a long post...thanks for hanging in there.  I really struggled with my cards this week. Not sure why. Maybe it's because I was in a bit of a hurry and everything I did....I managed to mess it up! When I got to my blue flowers...I was totally done!  My trash is full of discards.  This might have been the most mess ups I've ever had! Maybe it's that part of me that strives for perfection in all I do...and even I know that I will never achieve perfection!  (That doesn't keep me from trying though....obviously! LOL!)

Thanks a million for all the sweet comments! You LIMettes are the best!! Until next time....

Hugs!




Pin It!

58 comments:

Tracy said...

Here I am laughing, not at you, but because I can so relate to you.
I think all of your cards are perfect. Your Happy Birthday card with the ribbon is my favourite though :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all your lovely comments you have left on my blog. I really love both of your floral cards and agree the stars were just not right.
Sorry to have to post this anonymous but Google seems to think I do not have an account.
Hugs
Margaret

Erica said...

I thnk I like your handmade stars for originalilty, but the flowers are beautifully colored. Nice cards.

Dolly Daydreams said...

Goodness me have been busy ! What perfect cards though, each one a delight. Such beautiful work and love the stamping and colouring , worth all the effort.

Marie

Valerie-Jael said...

Great cards, love them all. I think I like the one with the blue flowers best, but it's hard to say....I'm still waiting for inspiration on this challenge! Happy Easter, Valerie

Loli said...

Hello Susan, thank you for your comment, i'm happy to see you in my blog....Susan what very productive Saturday!!!!, beautiful cards, very brightness fantastic for this season.
But i fall in love of your spellbinder label die, wonderful!!!!.
A hug from Palma de Mallorca

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful cards

Anne

G Peplow said...

Hi Susan, Oh you and me both, the trouble I had with this one and like you I do off centre all the time, we should know better LOL
I think you're very hard on your self but I know what you mean about handwritten sentiments, difficult but I really liked the arrangement of stars in the first, shame:{
The acetate card looks great I love the label die but your last card the 'blue flowers' is really perfect for the challenge and you've coloured it beautifully!
Happy Easter:0) xxx

Diane said...

They are all pretty...and I LOVE the blue flower one...wow...stunning...!!

Viv said...

Oh my Susan you have been struggling I see. I love the acetate card, why didn't you post it on the challenge???You were so busy with the others too, funny how some come easy and some take lots & lots of remakes...how I hate it when that happens. I love the lenten rose and the blue flowers ones best, well done...you got there in the end lol :O) Viv xx

Kathyk said...

A great selection of cards and I like your LIM one best. Don't know why you didn't enter your acetate card as I like that too

Happy Easter

Kathyk

Aileen said...

I did like your first card with all those colourful stars but understand re the sentiment. It's annoying those pesky sentiments!

Your blue flowers are perfect though. x

Lynne said...

All of your cards are lovely but the blue flower one is gorgeous.
Lynne xxx

Carol said...

All lovely cards but the blue flower one takes the edge. Carol x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Yep! I know how you feel, but these are all lovely, especially the blue one, so you came out on top AGAIN, I think we all strive, but very few achieve it.

Rosemary said...

all your cards are great, susan... but i really love the one with the lenten roses and the one with the image from ctmh! gorgeous!

Diane said...

I love the card with the blue flower - beautiful! xx

Ciara said...

Whoa there, stop giving yourself such a hard time! I actually like your first card the best. Sometimes you need to just step away from the craft desk for a while and when you return, you see things differently.

Sounds like you just weren't in the zone this time! but saying that, all your cards are lovely - I guess we are our own worst critics :-)

Karen said...

Great cards! you were on a roll ~ The glitter stars would make a terrific encouragement card & it doesn't need to be perfect to lift someone's spirits ~ Those flowers are beautiful in both cards too! ~ Happy Easter ~
P.S. I joined your blog today!

Yvonne said...

WOW, so many beautiful cards, Susan!

Sue said...

Hi Susan
fabulous selection of cards, i do luv how we are trying so hard with tis challenge,luv the birthday cards beautiful images & colouring, sue,x

joanne wardle said...

I think all of them are lovely!

Chrissie said...

Susan, I can empathise with you over this week's challenge, we do cards like this quite naturally all the time, but when you HAVE to do it, the successful ideas just don't flow!
However you got there in the end... I love the blue flower one, it's stunning. My husband loves blue flowers too!
Thanks for being such a sterling LIMette!
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Kathyk said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog - we're just off junction 58 of the I4, at Champions Gate - been here nearly 17 years - would love to retire here full time!

Kathyk

Seafield Jo said...

These are lovely cards, the flowers are stunning. Jo x

MonicaB said...

I'm glad I'm not alone when it comes to translating an idea to paper. I loved that you shared all your cards. I do love the coloring of your flowers!

massofhair said...

Susan this is the first time i've been able to feel your frustration and i quite understand. May i also say thank you for posting all your entries (so far)in one post as it really helps with the commenting.
Really do LOVE you first attempt and there is nothing wrong with your handwriting, awesome card. My other favourite is your last card the blue one. Perfection in papercrafting...
Thanks for sharing your journey and glad you got there in the end:-)

Tracey said...

Wow you have been busy. All your cards are lovely and your handwriting is fine. I think sometimes we are critical of our own work. The blue card is stunning...Tracey x

kelly said...

oh Susan poor you, how annoying to go through so many, we all get it from time to time, The start idea very pretty, but I must confess I like the flower cards more. Especially the blue one!
thanks for commenting on my card,
kelly xx

Meggymay said...

Love all your cards, each one is so individual, it would be hard to choose a favourite.

A Consuming Passion said...

ooh Susan......I love your blue card it's just beautiful!

Suze Bain said...

Wow, Susan you did have a busy day. Four super cards - all different. My favourites are the first one and the last one. xx

Irene said...

Hi Susan

Thank you so much for your comment on my blog,
Wow you have certainly been busy and with such gorgeous fabby cards. Love them all.

irene
xxxx

cnelson said...

Such lovely cards Susan!

Dori said...

hi Susan, I can so relate to your frustration, but you have made some lovely cards, think the 2 floral ones are best xx

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

Fabulous creations Susan!

Ali x

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Susan, These cards are lovely. I particularly like the first stars one and the Morning Glory flower. Very pretty. Cheers, Kasey ~ in Oz

Linby said...

Well you have been busy, I wouldn't have thought you would have struggled with this at all. My fav is the one with the blue flowers. great cover of the pads on the acetate card.
Linbyx

Jose said...

Susan you have been busy, they are all great cards, but I really love the one with the blue flower.
Jose

Kathleen said...

Isn't it funny how some weeks you can just sail through the challenge and other weeks it is so difficult. But you have produced some super cards but my favorite is the blue flowers one, just beautiful.

Thanks for your comments.

Kath x

kay said...

your blog makes fab reading and i love your cards,x

Anna-Karin said...

I think your cards are gorgeous!

Sarah said...

Loving the blue one - can't resist blue and white with flowers! Great job this week...

Thanks for sharing your work.

Sarah at 182

Linda said...

I can soooo relate to this, Susan! I think a lot of us will :-). I can particularly relate to the "too much more and not enough less". LOL! The blue flower one is my fave, but they're all fab!

Sandra said...

Lovely cards - especially the blue flowers!
Sandra

Pauline said...

What a fab set of cards, love the cascading stars. And the acetate card is lovely, you should have entered it!

Ruth M said...

You sure are persistent LOL! I need to take a leaf out of your book, if my cards don't turn out well I tend to sulk and walk away rather than sticking with it and trying again.

All the cards are great but the blue flowers one is my fave - it looks like Morning Glory which are blue so it's coloured perfectly!

Lesley said...

I like all the cards Susan, but the problem you had with the sentiment in your first card is one of the reasons I started doing mine on the pc! Speaking of which, thank you for your lovely comments about my cards this week - and I've put a tutorial on my blog this morning, just for you! x

Sally H said...

I made a fair few discards this time too! I love all of your makes, but the first and the last are my favourites. Isn't it funny how when we are asked to do something we do regularly we start to think about it and it gets much harder!

Vicky Hayes said...

You have very high standards Susan - all your cards are lovely!

Sarn said...

Hi Susan

Well done for persevering as you've made some lovely cards here. My fave is the last one, but they're all good.

Hugs, Sandra

Anonymous said...

Fab selection of cards, especially like the 4th one, just love those blue flowers!
Helen x

Debbie said...

They are all great cards! Think I like the blue flowers best

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

A beautiful collection of cards Susan - no need at all to be so hard on yourself - your work is fabulous. I think my favourite card is the one with the gorgeous blue flowers - it really is so pretty. Hugs, Sylvia x

Deborah Frings said...

Oh Susan, I did enjoy reading that. I think I said on the LIM blog comments that "off centre" was going to harder than it sounded. Thank you for sharing all your cards. I rather like the first star one - but can see what you mean about the sentiment. However, I think the blue flowers are just wonderful - your usual elegant card! It's fab!

Sue said...

Wow, you have been busy. Four great cards but I think my favourite is also the blue flower. Sue.x

Doris said...

I had a good laugh reading your post, especially about your trash basket being filled. Mine is a tall kitchen pail and is always filling up fast! My favorite is the first one with the colorful stars. Had you not mentioned it, I never would have noticed the "problem" with your writing. I think it's neat to add something in your own handwriting--makes it more personal.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW all these cards AND trash? they are lovely cards

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails