Okay, okay...so maybe I am a little off-centered...but that's not why we're here today! Another Saturday has rolled around...and it's time again to be challenged by Chrissie and Mandi at the new hot spot in town...Less is More. I thought last week's challenge to use acetate was difficult...it didn't compare to the wailing and gnashing of teeth that went on in my craft room today! I totally understand the concept of "off-centered"...I mean, I do it all the time! So I can't begin to tell you why I was having so many problems today! This is the first card I made. I had been envisioning it all morning while I ran errands. I don't know what happened, but my thoughts did not transfer to my card stock ...nowhere close to what I was thinking! I got my stars all arranged on my acrylic block and stamped it on my card stock (after practicing on paper NUMEROUS times). It was then that I realized that I didn't have a sentiment that would be appropriate or fit in the space I left for it! So, I decided I could handwrite it....HA! I colored the stars..then added some stickles. Then I had the bright idea to put glitter on the sentiment I had handwritten...BIG MISTAKE!!
Back to the drawing board, so to speak...and I tried it again when I found a sentiment I thought would work with the stars. So, this time I stamped all of one type of star with one different one. I colored them all yellow and then added a little stickles to the different looking star.....blah....still not what I'd envisioned!
My third try....Okay, I like this one a little better. I love the image (Flourishes - Lenten Rose)...love the way I colored it (with my Copics)...but after finishing it, I decided that it was a little too much "more" and not enough "less"....
For my last and final effort I used a stamp I just got from Close to My Heart. Can't say I've seen too many blue flowers...but I love how they turned out! The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink's Through the Woods collection.
Before I go...thought I share the second card I did for the acetate challenge. I didn't post it to the challenge, because I wasn't too happy with it. Not sure why I didn't like it, but it just didn't appeal to me when I finished. I had some acetate cards that I purchased ages ago...so I used an embossing folder to emboss the front of the card. You really couldn't see the embossing until I put the white card stock behind it. Then to attach the card stock, I put some sticky dots under the bling I added to the flower centers.
And, here's a little peek at the inside of the card. I used a Spellbinder label die and then just stamped the sentiment on it. I figure if I wanted to send it I could use a sharpie to sign it....sigh.....now you can see why I didn't post it!
I know this was a long post...thanks for hanging in there. I really struggled with my cards this week. Not sure why. Maybe it's because I was in a bit of a hurry and everything I did....I managed to mess it up! When I got to my blue flowers...I was totally done! My trash is full of discards. This might have been the most mess ups I've ever had! Maybe it's that part of me that strives for perfection in all I do...and even Iknow that I will never achieve perfection! (That doesn't keep me from trying though....obviously! LOL!)
Thanks a million for all the sweet comments! You LIMettes are the best!! Until next time....