Wednesday, April 20, 2011

OLW50 - Thankful for the Good 'Ol Days

This week Susan at Simplicity has giving us a One-Layer Wednesday challenge that is sort of the opposite of the OLW49. We used new rubber last week, so this week, Susan wants us to pull out an old rubber stamp (or photopolymer, if you prefer) that hasn't seen love in a while. Dust it off, ink it up, and make a one-layer Thank You card with it!



Well, there are actually quite a few stamps that have been languishing in my stamp collection for quite a few years!  I seem to be drawn to "nature" kind of stamps.  I think the majority of my stamps are leaves, trees and flowers!  I have a couple of really cute stamps that haven't seen ink in a while...unfortunately, they just don't seem appropriate for a thank you card.  So...the stamp I chose to use was a set of four stamps that were probably the first Stampin Up stamps that I ever bought.  I've always had difficulty using them, but now that I'm using my stamps more by participating in several challenges, I'm beginning to see different things I could do with them! It's kind of a "negative" image, and I chose to stamp with versamark ink, then brush lightly over it with some bright yellow Pearl-ex.  The Pearl-ex gives it a bit of a shimmery look.  I guess I could have used some yellow ink, but I thought of that after I  finished the card.  Maybe I'll do another one....nah, probabaly not.  The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink Through the Trees set.  It all looked a little lonesome on the card by itself, so I added a couple of scored lines around the edges to frame it.  Now that I've posted a photo,  it looks like I didn't get the lines exactly even!  Anywho.....that's my card for the OLW50 challenge!  Can you believe we're already at 50?

Thanks so much for stopping by...and Thanks a Million for all the nice comments you leave for me! I really appreciate it!  Until next time...

Hugs!



Pin It!

22 comments:

June Houck said...

Susan, I am so happy I have found your bog. You take clean and simple (my favorite style) to a whole new level. Vary classy!

Carla said...

it's a lovely card

Chrissie said...

Love it Susan... and what a fabulous colour of ink you chose! Simply super.
Chrissie

Aileen said...

This is really pretty Susan. Love the negative image. x

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous card, simple and elegant! Love it! Valerie

Lynne said...

Oooh this is gorgeous Susan.Love the soft yellow and the embossed frame is a perfect finishing touch.
Lynne xxx

G Peplow said...

Hi Susan, Great card, that's a humdinger of a stamp and I love how you've chosen to use it, the shimmer effect will be wonderful in the light, love that! Pretty sentiment too:0)
You're so right I consider myself to be a very lucky recipient of Susan's teachings and I've learned an awful lot. Enjoy the holiday!:0) xxx

Kim S said...

This is just beautiful. I am glad that you used pearl-ex. My pearl-ex powders are buried fairly deep in my stash but I am definitely going to have to dig them out and try a card like yours!

kingstonmama said...

Your card is so pretty. I love that stamp and also the color you've chosen to stamp it in. I've never used pearl-ex. Must give it a try!

Lisa A. said...

This is soooo pretty, Susan!! Love the flower, and love how you gave it color!! Great job with the scoring...your lines look perfect to me:)!!VERY NICE!!

TAM said...

WOW fabulous card - just loving that image

Bonnie said...

Another beautiful one layer card, Susan! I love this image, your placement of the sentiment and your double scored frame!

Rosemary said...

another fantastic card, susan!! love the embossing!

Susie said...

Very elegant and beautiful. I love the embossed border.

Susie W. said...

This is a beautiful card Susan! So elegant...I love the embossing and pearl-ex technique. I may have to try that today!

A Year Of Quotes said...

Simple and beautiful! Love it! :)

Ruth said...

This is beautiful, so simple and elegant, Ruth :)

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love the scored lines, I had visions of something like that for this challenge, but didn't go that route in the end.

Jenny said...

Beautiful card Susan. Love the double embossed frame, sets the image off a treat :)
Jenny x

Linby said...

ooh this is just gorgeous.
Linbyx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Gorgeous, love it

Colleen said...

Just a bit behind in my blog surfing . . . What a classy, elegant card! I just LOVE it and can't wait to see if I have that SU stamp set!
Hugs,
Colleen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails