Saturday, July 16, 2011

LIM24 - Circles, OLW 62 - Make it Personal, and a Zentangle Layout

Another Saturday....another challenge.  This week the challenge at the Less is More blog is to create a card using the theme - Circles.  Not just one circle...but multiple circles.  Here's my take on the challenge.


This first card (and the last card I made today) is actually for two challenges - LIM 24 - Circles and OLW 62 - Make it personal (hosted by Susan at Simplicity).  This is a one layer card and my circles are the medallions from PTI.  I stamped in Memento Black and then colored part of each medallion with a little pink ink. Since the card is for our granddaughter who will be 16 next week, I wanted it to have just a touch of pink..cause she is a girly-girl (except for when she's running track!).  The sentiment is also from PTI ...and it's one of my favorite collection of sentiments.

This was the second card I made and it's nothing BUT circles! I embossed the background with a circle EF and layered it on a piece of green card stock. Then circles across the bottom were cut with an EK Success punch that is big scallops with circles  I punched one side, then turned the piece around and punched down the other side of the card stock, lining up the punched edges and it made these circles...cool!The sentiment is from PTI, stamped in Pear Pizazz  I inked the edges slightly then layered it on a punched scalloped circle and pop-dotted the sentiment over the circle border. The butterflies are punched with a MS punch...then coated with glossy accents. One small piece of bling for each butterfly was added.


This card was actually the first card I made and I wasn't overly thrilled with how it came out. Maybe I shouldn't have used red...I don't know....  anyway, the circles border is a 12 inch stamp from Hero Arts that I rarely use.   After stamping in red, I added a few pieces of bling and a bit of red stickles.  The tag is a stamp from PTI and the sentiment is also PTI.  The tag is pop-dotted over the circle border.  (I also added a black scalloped piece behind the tag and coated the scallops with red stickles but it's hard to see in this photo)

Now...a little more of my tangles.  This time, I've created another layout and added a photo of my grandchildren, Katie and Adam.  I used quite a few different tangles on this layout...lots of experimenting and several little boo-boos. It took me quite a while drawing this tangle.  I think it was laying on my desk and I piddled with it for over a week.....an hour here and and hour there....finally finished it yesterday. SO...This layout was created with just a plain sheet of 12 x 12 card stock, a couple of black pens, some sticker letters for the title work, and my photo. I think it's cool, but I probably won't be doing many more layouts like this...way too time consuming!

I did add a little journaling to this layout and it is handwritten along the side and reads: 

Playing in the mud can provide hours of entertainment and result in lots of laughing and giggling. Katie and Adam Summer 2007.
 

Thanks so much for stopping by! Your comments are greatly appreciated!! Until next time....


Hugs!


Pin It!

61 comments:

Tara Cardwell said...

I love all three cards Susan - hard to pick a favourite this week, but if I had to, I think I'd go for the red - I know you weren't pleased with it and I don't normally go for red but this just works brilliantly for me. The zentangle layout is a-maz-ing!!! I've played around with them but I'm not capable of making anything that doesn't just look like a mess!
Tara x

Cynthia Schelzig said...

WEll you have had an industrious Saturday for sure. Fabulous cards and what a super Tangle...love it!

Mynn xx said...

Very lovely! Thanks for sharing!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Fabulous cards, can't decide which I prefer all so good, love the scrapbook page too, brilliant drawings.

TAM said...

A fabulous collection of cards - loving the scrap book page too

Rosemary said...

once again you have made not one, but three fabby cards, susan!! and that layout... wowee!!

Michellem said...

I'm loving your zentangles!! You are so good at that!!

ThinkInk Creative said...

you're one clever lady and my favourite find of the day here is that scallop border - so cool!!!! Actually, I've got a Quickutz border die that does just the thing so was thrilled to see that you did it with a scallop punch.

Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving some love.

cheers,
Malyn

Mandi said...

Fantastic cards Susan
We've seen a few of those Papertrey medallion style stamps this week
Gorgeous designs!
Thank you
Diva LIM
"Less is more"

Carla said...

Three great cards,I like the white one with the butterflies the most. Yout tangles are stunning!

Sally said...

Gorgeous cards. Really love the fact that all three are quite different. I think I would have to say that my favourite is the red and white one.
Hugs Sally xx

cheryl said...

oh wow hun what a brilliant set of cards,oh just love the designs on all of these but must admit my fav is the red,one that is so striking hun brilliant hugs cheyrl xxxx

Chrissie said...

Lots of superb cards here Susan, I really love the red/black/white one. It looks so crisp.
What a busy bee you've been.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Deborah Frings said...

Susan - you are just amazing!! Three super cards - I think the one for your granddaughter is just stunning, and I love the pink. But my favourite is the red one! here's mine

As for the layout - MAGNIFICENT - I've played, in a small way, with zentangles, but mine end up in the bin. This is one of the most original and personal layouts I've seen - I love it. But I can see why you might not do them often :)

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely cards and a I love the LO! Valerie

Vicky Hayes said...

It's funny isn't it - the red and white one is my favourite too! All your cards are beautifully designed and made Susan and I always enjoy seeing your layouts too.

Kathyk said...

GORGEOUS collection this week Susan and I'm struggling to pick my fave!

KAthyk

Sarn said...

Fabulous circle cards . . . but . . . a big fat WOW for the zentangle page . . . totally AMAZING.

Hugs, Sandra View my card HERE!

Ang C said...

I love visiting your blog - such amazing work!

Love your cards and the tangle is FAB!!!!

Dolly Daydreams said...

HI Susan made a little spelling error on my previous comment so have removed it !! > Beautiful work love your tangles they are amazing and fabulous combined with the layout. As for your cards love the all and can't see why you don't like the red one . Beautifully created and stylish cards.

Msri

Loli said...

Hola Susan, thank you for to visit my blog last week.
Fantastic job Susan.so elegants cards, you have great ideas, well done as always.
Have a nice week and a hug from Palma

Carol said...

Three super cards Susan - I love the red one and the hint of pink for your grand daughter is perfect. Another fab layout too. Carol x

Debs M said...

3 great lim cards and great scrap lo x

Wishcraft said...

All fab cards, love them all :o) Your layout looks amazing! Lisa x

cnelson said...

Such lovely cards and fantabulously cool lo!

kelly said...

I always love seeing your cards and this week is no exception! So many beauties to choose from! Think the embossed background one is my fav!
kelly xx

Sandra H said...

Gorgeous cards all of them:) Sandra H

Maureen said...

Three lovely cards for this challenge. Well done.
Maureen.......x
You can view mine here

Pauline said...

Great cards Susan. I must say I like all of them. You do such nice work.
Hugs

Lynne K said...

Three gorgeous cards, Susan! Hard to pick a favourite, but I especially like the first one, such a pretty design and colours.

Lynne x

Samantha Carlton said...

Hi Susan

I love all of these cards - wow how much inspiration on just one page! I will be back again and again to your wonderful site. I think the red one is my favourite

Hugs

Sam x

Hazel said...

All beautiful, what more can I say? Superb. Hazel x

Linby said...

Great cards, love the first one, The detailing on the stamp is amazing and I love the colours you used. Fab zentangling.
Linbyx

Lynne said...

Oh Susan. Yet another week of amazing cards. How can you expect me to choose a favourite when they are all this fabulous. I`m turning a bit green with envy at your talent. Your zentangle layout is amazing too.
Lynne xxx

Unknown said...

Hi Susan, just catching up with comments from last weeks LiM (am sooo behind!). As always your cards are stunning, I think the middle one is my fav though. The LO is just amazing - you are one talented lady! Sarah

G Peplow said...

Hello there Susan, 3 beautiful cards, love them all and your Zentangle page is wonderful, what patience you have, have a great week, Gay xxx

Zoe Tant said...

All fab Susan and you really should go for it with the Medallion Stamp, it's so worth it. Zx

Jane said...

Beautiful, elegant card.

Jenny said...

These are all wonderful Susan, I can't pick a fave as they are all so different. Your so clever with your zentangle drawing, a great way to make a monochromatic LO :)
Jenny x

Sue said...

Just fantastic cards and the scrap page Luv Sue x

Suzi B said...

Hi Susan, all three cards are fab! I'm hard pushed to choose a favourite... so I haven't lol
sue :)

Linda said...

I love your entries, Susan. You always give us lots to look at and this week is no different. The butterfly card is amazing, but I love them all :-)

Aileen said...

3 very different cards and all fab in their own way. I particularly liked the red one. Your scrapbook page is brill but I can see it would take a lot of time. x

Carol Wilde said...

All cards are great and lovely, Carol

Beryl K said...

Fabulous cards Susan, I think the first one is just about my favourite by a whisker, great lo too
Beryl x

Sarah said...

just fabulous and full of creativity - loving the third one but I have a weakness for red! Love your stamps and colours!

kingstonmama said...

Those are fabulous cards, Susan. I love all three, and a great layout, too.

Shobana said...

Susan - you ROCK!! :) Three FAB cards! And the LO is just out-of-this-world! All that time and effort paid off - looks stunning! :)

Suzi B said...

HI Susan, fabulous cards as usual! hard though it is to choose I think the red one is my favourite.
Sue :)

Suze Bain said...

Super cards Susan, that medallion stamp is fab but I also really like the red card and your Zentangling is fab. xx

Crafting Belle said...

Another 3 fab cards and a layout. I love the red one, using the border makes it look more CAS. xxx

VICTORIA said...

Oh my I love all your cards. Fantastic job on all of them. Good luck with the challenge and thanks for you wonderful comment. Victoria :)

Kathleen said...

Fabulous cards Susan, not even going to try to decide which is my favorite. Love the scrapbbok page too.

Kath x

Mrs.B said...

3 Great cards, love the medalion one.
Your zentangles on the layout are fantastic, not surprised it takes hours, but well worth it!
Avril

cheryl said...

oh wow hun these are stunning cards,especially love the red one that is just so clean and crisp,love the scapbook page too,hugs cheryl x

Marlena M. said...

I love all your cards...I actually like the red and white one the best! ;)

Viv said...

Three super cards Susan, well done again :O) Viv xx

fatmonica said...

All three are fabulous but I absolutely love the first!

Lisa A. said...

Hi Susan! What wonderful cards!! I especially love the first one and the pink addition to your images...beautiful touch...all very nice:)!!

Sally H said...

wow, Susan! What a fabulous set of cards! I am in awe of your zentangling too!

Joan B said...

wow these rock!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails