Friday, June 1, 2012

OLW90 - Dude's Rule

This week the OLW challenge is hosted by Susan at Simplicity.  This week's OLW is to make a one-layer card for a man in your life. According to Susan, it could be a Father's Day card, whatever theme we choose, just need to make it for a guy.  I can do that!

Here's my take on the challenge...and it's only ONE card!  Can you believe it!?



I used a stamp from Gina K Designs...I really LOVE this lighthouse stamp!  The sentiment is from a Flourishes set.  I colored the image with Copics.  Then I punched a 2 inch circle and using the negative shape, I sponged in the yellow "light".  There isn't any water with the image, so I added my own by sponging on several shades of blue DI.  That's all for me today!

Thanks so much for stopping by!  You comments are always appreciated!! Until next time...


Hugs!
Photobucket


Pin It!

10 comments:

Darnell said...

Excellent execution, as always! You sure you're feeling okay, Susan? It's not like you to be a mere mortal and only post one card for a challenge, even one as beautiful as this! Hope you're great and have a wonderful weekend!

Ardyth said...

This is a beautiful scene - love the glow of the light and the depth of the water!

Sandra H said...

Susan, As always a beautiful creation:)x

Kim S said...

I've never seen you post just one card!! But this one is worthy! Gorgeous masking and sponging to show off your stunning lighthouse!

cnelson said...

WOW!! LOVE that lighthouse!

Deanna said...

Susan, this is a beautiful scene of the lighthouse and great masking:)

Marianne said...

Wow, this is a gorgeous card. I love the water you created - the shading gives a real feeling of movement.

I can't get my head around sponging at all - I love the effect, but it's beyond my capabilities right now. I've got a lot to learn :)

Bonnie said...

Beautifully colored lighthous, Susan, and I especially love the ripples in the water.

Cheryl said...

Susan, What a great "Dude" card! Super coloring (love the water and gentle waves). Thanks for playing along with the OLW challenge last week.

Susan Raihala said...

Eeeeep!!! Susan, your coloring is fabulous, and that water is totally perfect. LOVE it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails