Sunday, October 17, 2010

OLW - The FUN Continues!

First of all...when I read that Susan at Simplicity needed to take a break from the OLW...(you know how life interferes with our fun sometimes)...I was so sad. This challenge has a way of keeping me challenged...and at the same time, I get to make so many beautiful cards...which in turn feeds my paper/stamping addiction! Susan was planning to be back in a couple of weeks, then we were going to have challenges every 2 weeks. THEN....Jennifer Styles at Styles Ink stepped up to the plate and offered to help out with the challenges....and Wa-La! We'll continue our weekly challenges.

The requirements this week (at Styles Ink) was to create a holiday card using NO white, NO cream, NO red, and NO green. Geesh! This is a difficult one for me...mostly because I think holidays are red and green! Therefore, I'm a little late with my OLW challenge because I have had a very difficult time making a card that fit the challenge requirements! Anywho...here's what I came up with:

This card is NOT cream...it's actually a soft yellow. Couldn't get the camera to give me a true image. Of course, it's probably not the camera...I'm sure it's a USER problem! LOL!

I can't remember who makes the lamp post stamp. I took it out of the package and now I don't have a clue who makes it! It's a beautiful stamp though, as are all in the package. The Sentiment is from PTI stamps. I love PTI stamps! I stamped the image in Memento Cocoa, then I inked my stamp up with Galaxy Gold pigment ink and stamped again over the brown. I couldn't get it to show up, but there is a fine gold look to the brown ink now. It's really pretty, so I wish you could see it! Drat! I did the same thing with the sentiment stamp.

The "brick" path was drawn with a gold marker. At first, I just drew a line to ground the lamp...then I started doodling with it and messed it up, so I had to make bricks. I think I kinda like it now....

That's it for this time. Maybe next week will not be such a difficult challenge for me! LOL! Thanks so much for stopping by! Until next time....

Hugs!



Pin It!

7 comments:

Bev J. said...

Great card-like the image and the soft yellow you used-pretty.

Deborah Frings said...

This is a lovely vintage card - and the soft yellow is so right!!

Chrissie said...

I'm glad you visited my blog with such kind words, which meant that I visited your blog and discovered about the OLW 'fill in'. Wonderful! Thank you!
There was a link to the tutorial I used for my ribbon weaving on a previous post, but I trawled back and found it for you!

Here it is!
Enjoy!
Chrissie

Jennifer Styles said...

Great card! Lovely and traditional and I think yellow is a perfect background colour. It reinforces the look and feel of a soft glow of light from the lamp.

Great job on OLW24!

Janelle said...

Beautiful, Susan! Wow -- that stamp is gorgeous -- and looks so good in the brown on the yellow. And the gold brick road is a nice touch. :)

cnelson said...

perfectly lovely!

Anonymous said...

what a great idea .thank you .. i have this stamp set .. only used it twice .you ve giving me, many many more ideas . .. its by inkadinkado called holiday words .. tflml yours in ink annemarie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails