Wednesday, October 27, 2010

OLW25 - Black and White and Red All Over

It's time once again for the One Layer Wednesday challenge.  This week the challenge is hosted by Jennifer Styles at Styles Ink .  Our challenge this week was to design a card that is black, white, and red.  Sounds easy, huh?...NOT!  Anyone want to guess how many times I had to do this to get it right?  LOL!





For my card, I chose to use a red card base.  I stamped the image from Inkadinkado in black Memento ink. The sentiment was stamped with a SU stamp with embossing ink and then embossed with white EP.  (Okay...now guess how many times I had to try before I got the embossing right!).  Can I just say that when I embossed it on scrap paper before putting it on my card, the embossing was impeccable!  How can that be?

That's it for this challenge...on to the next challenge. Thanks so much for stopping by!  Until next time.....

Hugs!


Pin It!

13 comments:

Chrissie said...

Beautiful card Susan!
Chrissie

Lisa A. said...

This is beautiful, Susan!!!! Wow...simply serene and lovely!!

Anonymous said...

Well it's beautiful but I can believe you did the embossing at least 5 times, because embossing white is just so danged difficult, especially on something ornate/detailed like that sentiment. If you had done the image in white, you would have been screaming four letter words clear across the country!

Versafine is the only ink I use for detail stuff, and I have to be VERY speedy about it or it dries before I can get the embossing powder on it. And of course the embossing powder MUST be Ultra Detail. AND Versafine is made in just a few colors. White isn't one of them, darn it.

I began cardmaking embossing everything that I stamped. I thought that was expected. These days I wonder how I got addicted, because it's enough to get a clear crisp image, with a detailed stamp, but embossing it too presents a whole 'nuther set of problems. It may turn out perfect on one piece of paper and be a mess on a different piece of paper, or a different day, or with a different ink, or a different powder, or a different Stamper.

Frame that card......you'll never repeat it, I bet. :-)

Bonnie said...

I'm still nodding my head! I've tried to do a card for this challenge at least 3 times and still don't have anything I would post. You did a great job and I think it was worth all the effort!

cnelson said...

This is just stunning!!!

G Peplow said...

Hi Susan, this card is fabulous, well worth all the effort involved, love it :0) xx

librariane said...

I think my favorite part is the sentiment! It looks nice and snowy. :)

Francie said...

Quite simply a beautiful card. I know what you mean about embossing. It can be a pain in the neck, but worth it when it works!

Doris said...

Hi Susan! I'm back from visiting my daughter in Prague and couldn't wait to check out the OLW for the week I was away. Your card is gorgeous!! Can't wait to CASE it soon...

Deborah Frings said...

Susan - this is just fabulous. The whole card is just stunning.

Rosanne said...

This is gorgeous!

Rosemary said...

gorgeous card! i love the black stamped on the red cardstock with the white sentiment!

Jennifer Styles said...

Ahhhh, traditional, simple, lovely.

Great job on the challenge!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails