Wednesday, October 20, 2010

OLW25 - Birds and the Bees (and Flowers and Trees)

It's time again for the One Layer Wednesday Challenge. This week the challenge is once again hosted by Jennifer Styles at Styles Ink. Our challenge this week is to create a card of any theme and to incorporate two of the four things mentioned in the title of this blog. We're also to include a sentiment. I chose to include the bird and the flowers. Here's my take:

I used Flourishes stamps Humming Along for my card. I colored the flowers and the humming bird with Copics, then added a little shadow around the images with the Copic (c-1). The sentiment is Papertrey Ink's Through the Trees.

I'd love to tell you that I got it right the first time...but I'd be lying. However...it only took me 3 tries to get it right. Actually, I finished a card and thought I was finished, then decided to add a little Twinkling H2O...and guess what?! I totally messed the card up! Grrrr..... Hate when I do that! Anyway, this is the finished product, and I'm definitely going to leave it alone now.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Until next time...

Hugs!



Pin It!

9 comments:

Jennifer Styles said...

This is lovely! Makes me think of summer just when the cold months are approaching.

I have ruined SO many cards by adding "just one more thing". These days I try to tell myself to stop before it's too late!

Glad I am not alone!

Great job on the challenge!

Lorrinda said...

Susan, this is lovely! Funny how one layer cards have a way of wasting more paper...

Deborah Frings said...

Susan - this is stunning. I love how you've coloured the humming bird and flowers. So bright - it's really cheered me up this morning.

Anonymous said...

Sooooo beautiful! I think only Copics get color that brilliant.

Bonnie said...

Beautiful job of painting the hummer & flowers! I think I'm going to start taking a picture before I add that "one more thing". That way when I mess it up I'm covered! lol

Rosanne said...

Gorgeous!

cnelson said...

gorgeous! your coloring is exquisite!!

Chrissie said...

Wow, this is really pretty!
Chrissie

Janelle said...

Nice coloring, Susan, and good job on the challenge!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails