Wednesday, August 24, 2016

A Little More Practice with Water Colors

I watched a tutorial over at Splitcoaststampers called Palette Blending by Dina Kowal.  This is the same image she used.  I learned quite a bit from this video...you might want to check it out.






This is actually one digi image from Power Poppy called Tulips in Hobnail Pitcher.  She really has some beautiful digi images there.  I printed this image on water color paper on my laser printer.  I printed it rather large and printed it in landscape mode so that I would have plenty of white space on either side of it, because I wanted to be able to cut the image in half and make two cards with the one image.  Dina Kowal also cut her image in half and made two cards.  

I used my Zig Clean Color markers to color this image and it actually went fairly quickly.  The sentiments are from PTI - Everyday Blessings.  I felt like this bit of water coloring was a little better than previous efforts.  I'm slowly but surely getting there!

As always, thanks so much for stopping in.  I appreciate your visit...and I appreciate each and every comment!
Photobucket


Pin It!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

You've done a beautiful job of watercoloring, Susan! That's a great tutorial and a gorgeous image!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails