Saturday, August 27, 2016

LIM 291 - Let's Use Stickers!

The challenge this week at Less is More is encouraging me to reach back into my stash and find those stickers (that I just HAD to have) I've had for years!  And do I have a stash of stickers! I must have thought there was going to be a shortage of stickers in the future! As many of you know, if you normally read my blog, I can rarely just stop at one card....so, this time I've made 4 cards for the LIM challenge!  Let me show you....


Making the card wasn't nearly as difficult as deciding which stickers I wanted to use! LOL!  This card features a single tulip bloom.  I stuck the sticker on a piece of white card stock, then cut it out with a MFT double stitched die.  I backed it with a thin strip of red, then another of white before popping it on another MFT double stitched square.  The sentiment is from SSS Uplifting Thoughts.


This card made me happy when I finished it.  The flowers are one big sticker that I adhered to the corner of a white card panel. I cut the panel with a stitched border die (SSS), then added a tiny red border to the panel (to bring out the red lady bugs).  Sentiment is from SSS Uplifting Thoughts. I absolutely LOVED how that sticker looked once the panel was trimmed!


My photographing skills definitely need some work!  My Ott light that I normally use when photographing my cards, suddenly went out and I don't have a replacement bulb.  So...I had to improvise! All the card stock used for these cards are a bright white...not a dull yellow/beige! The peace sentiment is a sticker on this card.  I cut the oval with a Spellbinder die, then cut another oval slightly larger and popped the sentiment on the second (gold) oval.  I dry embossed the card panel with a snowflake embossing folder that I really like. (I have NO idea who makes this embossing folder!).  I added a small gold border with the same card stock that I used for the larger oval and adhered it to a white card base.


This is actually the first card I made, and I wasn't overly thrilled with it.  I have a MILLION (well, maybe not quite that many!) of these Me and My Big Idea stick children.  I love the cute images, but I don't like that the edges of the sticker show.  Sentiment is from PTI.  I inked a small hill with distress ink so that she didn't look like she was just hanging in the air. I cut the card panel with a stitched rectangle die from SSS and adhered it to a white card base.

As always, thanks so much for stopping in.  I appreciate your visit...and I appreciate each and every comment!
Photobucket


Pin It!

7 comments:

Esther said...

Wow! You've been busy Susan! Four incredibly stylish and classy cards where you've used stickers to fabulous effect. The large flower grouping in the corner of the second card is stunning, but I love all of them. Great use of layering too. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

Sazzle Dazzle said...

WOW! You've certainly got a creative frenzy going on here with this fabulous set of sticker cards. I can see why you've kept hold of these as they are stunning, especially the second one. That's so pretty. Love your clever designs and superb colouring and thanks for playing along with us at Less is More this week. Sarah

Susan said...

Wow, you have some lovely stickers. Your cards are perfect for this challenge! Thanks so much for playing along at Less is More!

Kathyk said...

Fab makes - love the sophisticated tulip and the fun little girl ones bestest!

Kathyk

Chrissie said...

Oh my word Susan these are all just fabulous, a real showcase in itself!
Simply glorious!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Neets B said...

Wow Susan, you have some lovely stickers in your stash. I love the multi-framed tulip, such great definition yet still wonderfully CAS. And that corner flower sticker is just beautiful. I love the way you've used your stickers here.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Talitha said...

Where do you get such beautiful stickers? These cards are fabulous! I love the one with the Peace sticker. Thanks so much for sharing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails