Saturday, August 20, 2016

Practicing Watercolor and More

I've been working on trying to improve my water coloring capabilities. I think I might be getting just a "little" better!  


Using Altenew Peony Bouquet stamp set.  I stamped the bloom in a light distress ink, masked that bloom and stamped another bloom right beside it.  I masked off the blooms to added the leaves, which were stamped in light green distress ink.  I think I try to work the water colors (in this case distress ink) too much.  I cut the panel down, added some splatters, and popped it over a card base with on side covered in a green card stock. The sentiment is from SSS Uplifting Thoughts, stamped with versamark and heat embossed with liquid platinum embossing powder. (and would you look at that!  I adhered it crooked!!!  Maybe no one will notice! LOL!)


So...I thought I'd try the same bloom again.  This time I used distress inks again, but I used a lighter hand with the water.  I think it might be just a bit better blended than the first one. I like the leaves on this one better too.  Used the same stamp set.  I used some Nuvo pearl drops and a few spots of Irresistible in silver.  Popped it on a card base with craft foam. 


This was my third attempt at water coloring.  I used the Altenew Beautiful Day stamp set (LOVE this set!)  I stamped the blooms (using masking) with distress ink (Peacock Feathers), then worked on my blending again.  "Maybe" a little better? Didn't do a great job with the leaves...but I think I'm getting there!  Sentiment is from SSS Flower Friends.  Popped on a card base with a teal strip on one side.

Thought I'd add in a couple of cards that I actually made for challenges, but never got around to posting them.  I'm slow like that sometimes! :)


Super quick and easy card...I think I actually made this card for CASology "dizzy" challenge.  You know....when you're dizzy, you sometimes see spots?  Right?  Anyway, I just stamped random dots with several colors of ink from MFT, then added some white dots on the top of that.  Added a few drops of different colors of  Nuvo.  I really love this stuff!  Makes perfect drops....every time!  Simon Says has lots of different colors!  I wanted them all, but I restrained myself...you know, it's that whole fixed income thing!  I'm sure many of you can relate!


I really can't remember which challenge I made this one for...but it was a perfect fit...I do remember that!  I cut a card stock panel to 4.25 x 5.5 inches and cut a stitched circle from the center of the panel.  This particular die from Simon Says cuts stitching on both the inside circle and the outside circle.  The image is from a very old Flourishes stamp.  I colored the image with Copics and then sprayed a light mist of Shimmer Mist over the entire card.  There really is a pretty sparkle on the card...even though I can't seem to get it to photograph!  The sentiment is from the same Flourishes stamp set.  I popped the big panel on craft foam and then pushed the circle down into the opening.

That's it for me today.  Hope you'll leave a comment...If you regularly follow my blog do you think my water coloring is improving?

Thanks so much for stopping in.  I appreciate your visit...and I appreciate each and every comment!
Photobucket


Pin It!

6 comments:

canStampada said...

Susan, I think you have done beautifully on these cards. What did you do differently on the second Peony one? Are you using regular brushes or water brushes (with or without water in them?)? Are the leaves on the second one from a different set? I also love the 'beautiful day' set but you've made them come alive! I've followed your blog for years and always look forward to your cards (and entangle!). Thanks for sharing each of your cards. :o)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Your colouring is amazing, love ALL your cards.
Faith
x

Bonnie said...

Gorgeous watercolored cards, Susan! Love your spots too!

Carol Cel said...

great cards -- love the dots and the second watercoloring the best. But anyone would love to get any of them!

Darnell said...

I think you are doing great with watercoloring, Susan, and I love your pretty cards! Thanks for the tip on the Nuvo drops! Hugs, Darnell

Sandra H said...

Wow they are stunning x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails