Saturday, August 27, 2016

More Water Coloring....

Still playing with my water colors.  I'm also loving the digi Power Poppy Tulip I just got!  It's so easy to color!  So, if you can stand a little more water coloring...here we go..



I printed the image with my laser printer in the center of a landscape piece of water color paper.  I sized the image to about 5 inches square.  I colored the image using my Koi water colors, which I haven't used very much at all, but I wanted to see if they blended as well as the Zig Clean Color brushes.  After coloring, I cut the image in half.  By printing in the middle of a piece of water color paper, I had enough white space on either side for the card.  It's a bit of a waste of water color paper, but definitely worth it!


When I colored this image with the Zig Clean Color brushes, I painted pink and purple-ish tulips, so this time, I decided to go with tulips in shades of yellow/peachy/golden.  I also painted the pitcher kind of like an earthenware color.  I might just master (okay, that's a little strong!) get better at this water coloring if I keep practicing!


This is another image from Power Poppy - Rose and Chamomile Digi.  I printed the sentiment and the image on a piece of water color paper, then printed the image one more time on water color paper.  I colored the image with Koi water colors, then cut it out and popped it over the printed image on the card panel. I added a light wash of light blue to the background, and a few dots of Nuvo.  There are also some "dew drops" on the petals of the flower, but they didn't photograph well.

As always, thanks so much for stopping in.  I appreciate your visit...and I appreciate each and every comment!
Photobucket


Pin It!

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

You're doing great! Isn't it fun?

CherylQuilts said...

Susan, I just had to pop over from SCS to see your blog and found more cards using Dina's tutorial. How gorgeous are each of these? I love them and also love seeing the rose. Beautifully colored and great layouts! Hugs!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails