Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Sad Cards


Sometimes you just need a sympathy card.  Unfortunately, I needed a couple of sympathy cards this week and realized that I didn't have a single one in my stash!  So, I set to work getting the ones I needed made and a few extras. It's never fun to make sympathy cards, but if you make several of them at one time, then it doesn't seem quite so bad.  Praying that I DON'T need them any time soon!

I think all of these cards would be eligible for the HLS August Anything Goes Challenge, so I think I'll link up with Happy Little Stampers!



Warning...this post is photo heavy!


Very simple card. Die cut the butterfly (MB) from grey card stock, and then cut the bottom off of the panel with a SU die. I inserted the butterfly back into the card panel using some foam tape to pop it off the card base and keep it in place. I popped the panel with craft foam onto a white card base.  Sentiment is from HA and is stamped in HA soft granite ink.


This was a very quick and easy card.  Cut a yellow panel slightly smaller than the card base. Used a distressed corner die (MB) and then embossed the panel with a large embossing folder.  Sentiment is from HA and is embossed in silver.  Panel is popped over the card base with craft foam.


This card and the next card were created with the same papers.  I embossed the white card stock with the same embossing folder I used on the yellow card.  I also embossed the black and a grey strip with two different embossing folders.  One the card above, I added a small strip of dull silver paper between the black and grey.  The bloom the leaves are from Altenew and are colored with Copics.  I stamped the sentiment on vellum and heat embossed with silver. The flower is popped on the panel, the panel is adhered directly to the card base.


I made this card with the leftovers from the previous card.  The leaves were cut with the Cameo. Sentiment is from PTI and is heat embossed in silver.


I think these next two are my fall-to designs.  I simply die cut the flower (SSS) from both a white panel and a craft panel.  I backed the panel with double sided tape and inserted the flowers in to the opposing colored panel. The sentiment was stamped and heat embossed in liquid platinum on a strip of vellum.  Panel is adhered directly to card base and corners were rounded with a corner chomper.


This is the second card panel.  I inserted the craft bloom into the white card base, added a small border of craft around the edges and heat embossed the sentiment (HA) with liquid platinum.

This is actually grey card stock.  I cut a panel with a stitched rectangle die (SSS), then cut the square from that panel with a double stitched edge die (MFT). The flowers stamps are from HA.  I stamped the image and scanned it into my Silhouette program and made a cut file for these flowers.  Having a die is always much easier to cut out an image, but when there isn't a die, I'm glad I have my Cameo to make the cut for me!  I colored the blooms with Copics. I popped the rectangle panel with some craft foam, then cut the center out so that I could put the square stitched piece down into the hole.  I put the flower stems under the larger panel and over the inset panel with on bloom  hanging over the edge.  Added a few liquid pearl drops.  Sentiment is from HA and heat embossed with liquid platinum.

Thanks so much for stopping in.  I appreciate your visit...and I appreciate each and every comment!
Photobucket


Pin It!

4 comments:

Sandra H said...

So beautiful! x

Pia S said...

So many gorgeous cards and lots of inspiration for CAS layouts! The first one will surely stick to my mind, I love its simplicity and elegance.

The Sparkly Fairy said...

All your cards are so stylish. I love the colourschemes you have used. Thank you so much for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes With a Die. Good Luck!

Emma - DT Member

Helen Gullett said...

They are beautiful and sweet symphaty cards.
Thank You for playing along with Happy Little Stampers - Anything Goes With Dies August Challenge.

- Helen Gullett -
DT Member

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails