Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Challenge 70 - Adding a touch of BROWN

The challenge this week from Laura at I am the Diva is designed to gently dip into colour.  Instead of the whole colour palette - we pare it down to just one... brown - or sepia. Once I scanned my tiles in, the color appears more grey than brown, but trust me, it's brown.  I used a sepia pen for some of the tangles and I shaded with a dark brown Prisma color pencil.



I think this second tile is my favorite.


That's my take on the challenge....now off to check out some of the other entries! Thanks so much for stopping in!  Your comments are always greatly appreciated! Until next time...

Hugs!
Photobucket


Pin It!

19 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Amazing as always

Susan said...

Your first tile has a lot of energy to it and the second? Well it is just lovely! Nice work!

Sandy Hunter said...

I like the first one... it looks like it's unfurling into something big and blossomy. Beautiful work!

Bonnie said...

I love the touch of brown! As always, I find these designs so intriguing. I can picture a gallery of these beauties matted and framed.

Alice said...

wow! that second tile is incredible! i love it!

ledenzer said...

Satiny beauties!

Dilip Patel said...

Lovely tiles. Great compositions.

Taman said...

Really nice your designs, and color is perfect

Sue Sharp said...

Both are very lovely - bouquets!

Carole said...

Each tile is awesome. All those wonderful lines, swirls, circles and so on ... fab! I've been playing with zentangles but not doing well, still it is fun to give it a try.

cnelson said...

So LOVELY!!

Gloria j Zucaro said...

I really like the balance created by the little "tail" down at the bottom left in the first one, and all the different designs used. In the second, I like the sparkle in the brown swirls

Molly Bee said...

Very pretty! I especially like your Sanibel

Anonymous said...

Both tiles are wonderful. Your designs are so unique!

Tricia, CZT said...

Love the free-form design of your style. Nice tangles.

North County Film Club said...

Both are so pretty and "flowery"!
Barbara

Lisa Richards said...

I love these shapes. Do I see purk? That's one of my big favorites! Lots of pretty movement to these!

Daniele OBrien Design, CZT said...

Nicely done, your second reminds me of spring, lovely.

Stamps and Paper said...

Susan this is amazing and I would never have thought to add brown it really lifts the image...beautiful work

Anne

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails