Sunday, May 20, 2012

LIM68 - For a Baby or Child

Yesterday, our new challenge from Chrissie and Mandie was posted at Less is More.  This week is a "theme" week and we've been challenged to create a card for a baby or a child. When I first saw the theme yesterday, my first words were "Oh NO"...I didn't think I had anything that would be suitable for a child or baby...but after an exhaustive search through my stash of stamps....I did manage to find a few that would work.  Since our family is about out of the "baby" stage, I only made one "baby" card and the rest are for children....and we DO have plenty of children (18 grandchildren!) Of course, they're growing up so fast, soon a "child" themed card will not work!  Anyway...enough babbling....and on to this week's cards:


The baby shoes stamp is from All Night Media (Susan Branch).  I've had this stamp for several years.  I bought it just to make the birth announcements for one of my grandchildren. I stamped the shoes on white, lightly shaded them with Copics and cut them out. I printed the sentiment on white card stock, then cut out an oval shape with a Spellbinder die.  I cut a scalloped background from blue using the SB scalloped die.  The white oval is pop dotted over the blue scalloped oval.  The shoes are adhered to the white oval.  I embossed a strip of white card stock and mounted it on the same blue then scored a line above and below the embossed strip.  The most difficult part of this card was cutting out the shoes!

For this card, I stamped the Magnolia girl on white and colored her with Copics, then cut her out.  The balloons I stamped again and cut them out separately, so I could add the black floss for strings.  Then I threaded a needle and put the threads through her hand where the original "lines" were for the balloons.  I coated each balloon with glossy accents.  To ground my image, I just tore a piece of paper and sponged on peeled paint DI, and added a few blades of grass with a DI marker.  The sentiment is from PTI and just seemed to "go" with this cute little girl.


This card was made by tearing a piece of card stock for the "dirt" and then sponging it with two colors of DI.  I added some grass with a couple of different PTI stamps.  The "worm" and the sentiment are both from Paper Smooches.  I stamped the worm and colored him with Copics, then added googly eyes and popped dotted him over the mound of dirt. I also stamped the image under him so that I would have the "hole".


Not too sure about this card.  The images are HA stamps.  Colored with Copics and cut out, the popped dotted over the arrows.  I made the arrow using one end of a banner die.  I cut out the banner, then moved the strip down and cut again to get the point.  Sentiment is part of the same HA set.  Added a few doodled lines around the arrows.


I seemed to be into the hand cutting this week.  I stamped the frog (from the same set I used last week), then colored him with Prisma pencils and cut him out.  I sponged a blob of blue to ground him (he's jumping out of the water...can you tell?).  The sentiment is from PTI.  I also added a bit of stickles to the bloom.  I didn't try to cut out the stem of the flower, I just stamped the image in a light grey then positioned the frog over the stamped image and colored in the stem with markers.

And just when you thought I'd finished, I've added in a layout I finished this weekend.


Photo of my hubby with five of our granddaughters. I used MME The Bright Side collection two and collection one for this layout. The big heart title was created at this free website that I found thanks to Kim.  You can make your own title by visiting Tagxedo.

The "my family" tag was a punched out shape from the Bright Side collection. I attached it with some jute string. I also stitched some lines with the jute string down the right hand side. A bit of faux stitching was added to the other layered pieces. The journaling tag is also a punch out shape from the same papers. I recently found some burlap 5" wired ribbon, and so I cut a piece of that...took the wires out, and frayed the edges...and used it behind the photo. I added a wooden button at the top left corner of the burlap, and tied a big jute string bow behind it. A scallop punch was used for the bottom border, and the white dots are Ranger's white enamel paint. The journaling tag just list the names of our granddaughters that are in the photo. We have 8 but only 5 were in the photo. 

Okay...I'm finally finished! Whew! If you stuck through the whole thing...you're fabulous!  Thanks a million for stopping by!  I always enjoy your comments and I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!  Until next time...

Hugs!
Photobucket





Pin It!

29 comments:

Chrissie said...

What a fun bunch of cards Susan... I love the little baby boots!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Carole said...

My goodness Susan, you have been busy. Such lovely cards ... oooh those baby boots are adorable.

Thanks so much Susan for visiting me. I know what you mean about something suitable for a baby or child card. Like you, I searched high and low since all of mine are grown too. Time sure flies by.

Doris said...

My, have you been busy! My fave is the frog card. Sponging the blue gives your whole card dimension, and the Stickles is the perfect touch.

Marijke said...

these are great cards, especially the worm and monster cards, they are sóoooo adorable.

Kimberley said...

You have been busy Susan - all the cards are fabulous but I especially love the worm and monster cards.

Take care.

Stamps and Paper said...

Susan what a lovely selection of cards such sweet images

Anne

Sally said...

A lovely set of cards Susan & a fab layout as well. The worm card made me smile & I do like the baby card.
Sally x

nicky said...

Wonderful bunch of cards , thanks for visiting my blog
The baby stamp I used is from Funky Kits is a digi stamp.

Nicky

Viv said...

You have been busy Susan lol.All fab cards but the LIM one with those cute baby shoes and the frog one are my fav's I think :) Viv xx

Loli said...

Hola Susan, thank you for your kind comment:D
OOh Susan, interesting to read your post ""Oh NO"...I didn't think I had anything that would be suitable for a child or baby" thank goodness! beacuse yo're made 5 cards!!!all fantastic as always, the baby shoes remind me when my son was a little baby(now 7y.), your worm cards is so funny for a child:D...gorgeous work Susan.
A hug from the windy island

Suze Bain said...

These are great fun Susan, the worm and the frog particularly appeal to me. Love the textures and layers on your layout and I must have a go at that word cloud! xx

cnelson said...

Doesn't get CUTER or SWEETER than this post! FABULOUS work!

Sally H said...

All totally gorgeous, Susan! I particularly love those little bootees! Fabulous!

Lynne said...

A fabulous selection Susan. I love the first one with the bootees and the worm is so cute.
Lynne xxx

Linby said...

Well after the build up to you having no suitable stamps you pulled a whole load out of the bag LOL! I love those cute booties on the first one, and the pop of colour on the others is fab.
Linbyx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Susan amazing cards for the children and the baby card is beautiful too.

Canonbury creations said...

What a fun selection of cards Susan, I love the boots and the worm!! 18 grandchildren, OMG how do you remember them all :)
Val x

GinaA said...

Totally brilliant set of cards, Boots and balloons are just brilliant and the worm is wonderful.

Aileen said...

The baby boots are so cute and the worm made me smile. Lovely scrapbooking page too. Love the title. x

Sandra H said...

Wow Susan, you have been busy these are just absolutely stunning:)x

Rosemary said...

you have done it again, susan!! each card is fantastic... but i really like the last with the jumping frog.. too cute!! your layout is amazing!

Fielding said...

Very nice cards stamps collection thanks for sharing with us all Blue Completed Xstamper Stock Stamp

Vicky Hayes said...

Absolutely wonderful as always Susan! The frog card is my favourite - I love the sprinkles of 'water' as he's leaping out of his inky pond! Brilliantly done.

G Peplow said...

That's a fabulous array of cards again Susan and a beautiful layout!! I always love visiting your blog, such delights, love them all, xxx

Anne said...

What a fab bunch of cards Susan, I love the way you threaded the balloon strings through her hand

Deanna said...

Great set of cards. Love them all!

Deborah Frings said...

Susan - you've been so busy with all these lovely cards. I think the baby booties are just adorable, but my favourite card is the monster hugs one! Love it!

Gabrielle Pollacco said...

Awww, your cards are all so darn cute!! My fav has to be the froggy!! Adorable right down to the little water droplets!!....sweet layout too!!

Thanks so much my dear friend for the sweet comment you left at my BB feature! mwah!!

Gabi :)

Mandi said...

Fantastic cards Susan
I love the frog one it's superb!
Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails