Monday, May 14, 2012

LIM67 - Three and Only Three

It seems that the weeks are flying by this year! On Saturday, our new challenge at Less is More was posted by Chrissie and Mandi...and this week is a doozy!  We've been challenged to create a one layer card using Three stamps...not four, not two...but THREE!  Ordinarily, this would seem to be a simple challenge, unless of course I'm asked  to created within strict parameters!  After great thought and a lot of digging around in my stamps, I finally came up with a few ideas....not necessarily good ideas, but it's the best I could come up with this week!


This was my first idea...using 2 of the leaf images from a PTI collection, I inked them up with SU Old Olive and then highlighted each of the leaves with a light green and stamped off the edges with each of the images.  Added the PTI sentiment in the same Old Olive color. ~~yawn~~ moving on....


For my next card, I used two of the images from SU French Foliage (text and leaf). I masked off an area in roughly the center of the card and sponged it with Wild Honey DI, leaving the center a bit lighter.  I then stamped the leaf in Rusty Hinge DI.   Sentiment if from PTI (I think) and is stamped in the same brown I used to stamp the text .


This one was stamped using a set from PTI - the stems are one stamp and the blooms are the second stamp and then the sentiment (also PTI).  I inked up the blooms with some soft pin, then added a little darker pink to the edges of each bloom with a Memento dark pink ink.  Then I decided to add some sparkle  to the blooms, so I added glue to each bloom with a glue pen and sprinkled on a touch of glitter dust. IRL it has a nice sparkle.


Then I stumbled across my Magnolia stamps and found this cute little girl and a bench.  Normally, when I use these stamps, I cut out the little girl and then just pop her over the bench.  Since this is a one layer challenge, I had to do a little masking.  I can tell you...I had a very difficult time getting the bench stamped behind her!  I must have re-made this card at least 4 times!  I finally resorted to stamping the bench first (using a mask of the little girl on the card to stamp over...THEN I stamped the girl.  My problem was the I couldn't seem to get her "sitting" on the bench....she kept levitating off the bench! LOL!  Sentiment is from PTI.  I colored the image with Copics.  


My last card was just for fun...I found these cute frog stamps and decided to combine a couple of the images.  I love the look on the middle frog's face!  Looks like he's a bit surprised by the frog jumping over onto his lily pad! Images were colored with Prismacolor pencils and the water was colored with Copics.

Got another scrapbook page to share with you today...


Photo of two of our granddaughters, Helen Grace and Audrey that I took last November. I used Basic Grey's Lauderdale Collection for this layout. I love the bright and bold colors in this collection. I used a large white mat over a piece of the patterned paper, then arranged a collage with several of the patterned papers around the photo. The big circle, flowers, date tag, heart and the tiny zig zag at the top are all stickers from the collection. The title was cut with the Cameo and colored with Copics. I added some doodled borders in blue around the collage. The large zig zag piece across the bottom was made by folding a 1 inch strip. I posted instructions in this tutorial. I added journaling in strips across the green layer.

Thanks so much for stopping in for a visit!  I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comments!  Until next time...

Hugs!
Photobucket


Pin It!

25 comments:

Jacki Daniels said...

Oh My Word you have been busy and what a collection love 'em all love the frog one and Tilda is gorgeous
Have a great week but don't blink you might miss it
Jacki xx

Canonbury creations said...

Another fabulous selection Susan and all so different!Love them all but I was drawn to the frogs!! A great scrapbook layout, gorgeous girls :o)
Val x

cnelson said...

You never cease to AMAZE! ALL these projects are sooooooooo FAB!

Elaine said...

Blimey you've been busy this week - a great selection of cards!! Love the frogs.

Suzilou said...

Oh my gosh how busy have you been! I love them all but the pink poppies have to be my fav. I so admire your scrap book pages, I really should make more of an effort and have a go at doing something with my photos :) xx

Vicky Hayes said...

Just lovely to come to your gallery of cards each week Susan. Those frogs have particularly caught my eye today! Such texture and such fab colours too.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

HI Susan, long time no visit and boy have I missed a lot of wonderful cards and of course your tangles, which are inspirational.

I wish I could have commented on them all tonight, but not enough time sorry.

Karen M said...

WOW! All your cards are fantastic...you have been so busy:) I love them all, hugs x x

Chrissie said...

Every one of your posts is like a complete gallery Susan. What a treat for the eyes!
I love those PTI flowers...simply gorgeous... as are all these cards.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

debby4000 said...

Oh what a wonderful post, love your cards, my faves are the pink flowers and the frogs.
Adore the layout too.
luv
Debby

Charlotte said...

Wow Susan! You did a lot of work with the 3 stamp LIM challenge!
You made beautiful creations! I love the one with the frogs te most.
Also the LIM card with Tilda is fantastique I think!

Keep up the good work!
Charlotte

Deanna said...

AWESOME! you sure are busy. Beautiful compositions and colors-Deanna

Mandi said...

Fantastic array of cards as always Susan
I'd love your creative brain
Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Pia S said...

You make this week's challenge at LIM seem like the easiest thing in the world! Your cards are SO gorgeous!

Scrapmate said...

Wow you've been busy! I love the leaf card in autumnal colours.

Ivanka said...

You're cards are beautiful. I just love the one with the tulips.

Bonnie said...

You always come up with such good ideas, Susan! All of these cards are wonderful. I have to admit that the frogs stole my heart! How cute! And those granddaughters are precious.

Vicky said...

Fabulous set of cards Susan - they're all lovely! :)x

Carole said...

Oh my Susan, each one is lovely. Great variety and so creative!

kingstonmama said...

All of these are wonderful, Susan. I love those frogs. Your efforts on masking the girl and bench were worth it - she is sitting just perfectly. I also love the sparkly pink flowers. Ann y.

Suzi B said...

Gosh susan these are all fabulous I'm hard put to choose a favourite
suzi b x

Rosemary said...

i always know i can count on you to have more than one beautiful card to share for the LIM challenges! each one is fantastic!!! and your layout??? fab-u-lous!!! (oh wait... all your layouts are fab-u-lous!!)

Diane said...

Amazing set of cards...all stunners and your layout is fantastic ....must check out your tutorial, that looks so effective.
Diane

Aileen said...

Oh wow you don't look like you've struggled at all! Fab collection. Loved the froggies and your Tilda. She's not levitating anymore! Super scrapbook page too. Love the bright colours. x

Jose said...

Great cards Susan, especially love the frogs!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails