Thursday, May 3, 2012

LIM65 - It's a little bit sketchy.....

I'm running so far behind this week - in everything!  I actually made a few cards last weekendfor the Less is More challenge , but haven't had the time to post them.  Our challenge this week was to create a card using one of these sketches:

    

It's a super simple sketch this week as are my cards.


This first card was actually the last card I made, and I believe it's also my favorite.  I cut the music hexagon from some MME paper.  The bird and cage were cut from another hexagon on the same paper, and pop dotted on top of the music.  Then I layered it all on some dark blue/teal paper for a pop of color.  Sentiment is from Hero Arts, I believe.


For this card, I used a card base that I scored with my new diagonal score board from SU.  I think I might need some practice as I got my scores a bit off.  The image is an old SU image stamped in Ranger Perfect Medium and then colored with chalk.  I added glue to the wings and sprinkled them with glamour dust.

For this card, I used some of the scraps of die cuts using the tessatina die from Memory Box and adhered them to a piece of pale green card stock, which is popped up on a darker green card stock.  The image was colored with several different colors of Memento markers and stamped on white card stock.  I cut around the image and popped it over the die cuts.  Image and sentiment are both from SU.


This card took all of 3 minutes.  I used a Kraft card base, stamped the sentiment in brown, and added a layered flower sticker and leaf....couldn't get much easier than this!


This card was kind of an afterthought when I was playing with the other dragonfly image.  I wasn't as happy with the colors, but then when I backed it with the pink, I decided that I'd go ahead a make a card anyway.  I used some postage edge scissors to trim the edges.  Then I scored a couple of frames around the image.

That's all for me today.  We've had a tough week at our house.  My OH was hospitalized for 4 days with bronchitis, pneumonia, and an upper respiratory infection.  We finally got to come home yesterday.  Now we'll have to work to get our routine back in place so that he'll settle in and relax.  I haven't had a chance to see any of the beautiful cards that I know have been entered in the challenge this week, because of everything going on around here, but I hope to make it by as many as I can before the next challenge!



Edited to add:  With all that's going on in my life, I completely forgot to add that I was showCASed last week!  I have to say, it never ceases to delight me when I'm showCASed!! Thanks so very much to Chrissie and Mandi!

Thanks a million for stopping by!  Your thoughtful comments are appreciated so very much!  Until next time...

Hugs!
Photobucket


Pin It!

15 comments:

Jo Street said...

Wow Susan, you have been very busy indeed, they are all great cards. Hope things start to settle down again over the next few weeks .
Jo x

Sheila in Cyprus said...

These are gorgeous cards Susan, especially the blue/pink dragonfly one, the colours are amazing with the glitter.
Hope all goes well with your O.H and that he is soon on the mend.
Love Sheila x

Bonnie said...

I think the first card is my favorite too. That little bird is colored so prettily and I love the hexagon shape. I've had trouble getting the diagonal scoring even too. But the mistake in this card looks intentional with the placement. You've outdone yourself again. Congrats on being ShowCASed for your doodle card. Well earned my friend.

Aileen said...

These are all wonderful Susan. I really like the last. The soft colours beautiful. x

Chrissie said...

You really don't do things by halves Susan... these are all fab!
What wonderful colouring!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Lynne said...

Another fabulous collection of cards Susan. I love the dragon flies, absolutely gorgeous.
I know what it`s like when life takes over, especially when it`s serious. I hope your OH is getting better and don`t worry about comments, we all understand.
Lynne xxx

Cally said...

Lovely set of cards, Cally

Mynn xx said...

Hi, Susan! All of these are FABULOUS, but I just adore the dragonfly ones! GORGEOUS!!! :) Still gonna CASE you OLW card from a while back...just give me a bit more time! ;)

Michelle said...

Wow, Susan, I can't decide which is my favourite! They're all so lovely! I do love that dragonfly image!

debby4000 said...

Oh fabulous cards Susan especially love the bonsai tree one.
Sorry you've had such a tough week, wishing Hubby speedy recovery.
luv
Debby

Helen T said...

Wow, you have been busy! I love the quotes you have used on several of the card :)

cnelson said...

Little works of art!! Soooo pretty!

Tara Cardwell said...

You wait all week and then 5 cards come along at once lol! They're all beautiful but I adore the bonsai with the die cut background and the pink and blue sparkly dragon fly are just stunning!
Tara x

Scrapmate said...

Lovely cards. The bonsai one stands out for me.

Canonbury creations said...

Lovely stamped and coloured images Susan, you certainly don't do anything by halves :0)
Hope your husband has a good recovery
Val x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails