Sunday, March 3, 2013

CAS on Sunday - Birthdays

Second post for the day.  I missed last week's challenge at CAS on Sunday, so I wanted to get my card in early for this week's challenge.  This week the challenge is to create a birthday card.  How great is that! We all need birthday cards, right?

Here's what I came up with:


I hope this is CAS enough...The little birds are a digi image from Twiddly Inks.  I see that they now have these images in clear stamps too!  I love the little birds!  I used my Cameo to print and cut the images, then I stamped in the letters and colored the birds with Copics.  The grass is just a piece of green card stock that I stamped some grass on, then cut the edge with a pair of decorative scissors.  The "birthday" sentiment is part of a PTI stamp.  I sponged the sky with a mask I hand cut, then popped my birdies on top of the grass.  Sounds like a lot, but it didn't take 15 minutes to put together.  It did take me a while to figure out how to cut the image out with the Cameo, but now I have the file saved and it will be super quick if I want to use these guys again!

Thanks so much for stopping by! Your comments and your visits are always appreciated!! Until next time...

Hugs!
Photobucket


Pin It!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

My goodness this is perfect! What a sweet image and wonderful scene you've created! Those little birds are the cutest thing...eeek! It is most definitely CAS and I love it :) Thanks so much for joining us for CAS on Sunday's Happy Birthday challenge!

Cathy said...

Hi Susan, such a sweet card! I love your cloud background.

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous card Susan - I love these little guys, they are so cute. Your sky is amazing.

Karen x

Aileen said...

Your birdies are adorable. x

Skye said...

I love the scene you have created and the little birds are so cute. Wow! you created it 15 minutes fantastic

Sandra H said...

Susan this is gorgeous x

Tara Cardwell said...

Adorable! I must give print a cut a go - I've not got that far with my machine yet but it certainly works well on my favourite birdies :-D
Tara
x

Charlotte said...

This is really a great card Susan! Love the birds, the sky and the colors!
Greetings,
Charlotte

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!! Your creation is really adorable!! Such a clever design here! :) Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS on Sunday!! Good luck and hope to see you in our next challenge too!! HUGS :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails