Saturday, March 2, 2013

LIM109 - A Color Challenge

This week's challenge at Less is More is a color challenge.  Here are the colors for this week's challenge:

donut dreams

Aren't these colors pretty?  Then why do you suppose I had so much trouble thinking up a design?!  I probably threw four or five attempts away before I finally finished a few cards that I decided were "okay". 

Here's what I came up with this week:


I think perhaps this is my favorite of the three cards I've made for this challenge.  I've used a PTI stamp set for this card.  I tried my best to match up with the colors for the challenge....hope they're close enough!  The sentiment is from the same set and is stamped in a brown.  I added a few piercings under the sentiment, and rounded the corners on the front panel as well as on the Kraft card stock base.


I tried die cutting some blooms and coloring them with Copics for this card...the colors aren't nearly as bright IRL.  Anyway....colored the blooms, added some bling to the centers of each flower, added a ribbon across the panel and stamped the sentiment in black.  Sentiment is from PTI.  As a finishing touch, I scored some lines around the edges of the panel.



I used a Kraft card base.  I sponged a piece of white card stock with the colors for the challenge (or as close as I could get), then cut a small panel and adhered it to the card base.  The leafy branch is a Sizzix die. I sponged the edges of the leaves with different shades of ink, then adhered it over the inked panel.  I also did a little scoring on the Kraft card base and added a few random pearls.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Your comments and your visits are always appreciated!! Until next time...

Hugs!
Photobucket


Pin It!

26 comments:

Suzilou said...

Busy girl again, love all your creations these colours are just gorgeous together :)

Loli said...

Hola Susan!!! thank you for your comment last week:D i´m glad to see you:D.
Fantastic cards!!!A great use of the challenge colours, the first one is fabulous, i like the simplicity, perfect for this challenge and for the last week in LIM.clever idea for the second, perfect CAS card!and the last one i like the textures of different papers, very original, a great work....
I don´t like to much challenges of colour i feel like a wild bird in a birdcase, is very limited for my creativity, i had trouble thinking up for my design too, I'm not sure about my card this week...
A warm hug from Palma and take care

Loll said...

Hi Susan. Three fabulous cards that are all so unique! Especially love the first one ... something about brown and pink together - awesome!! Love the piercing under the sentiment. Loll xx

Rosemary said...

another fabulous set of cards!! i especially like the last one... so gorgeous!!

Sheila in Cyprus said...

Hi Susan,
WOW! These are beautiful and each so very different.
No favourite I love them all.

Love Sheila x

Linby said...

Gorgeous work, my fav is the first one, maybe because I have that PTI set too!
Linby x

Dotty Jo said...

All three are simply gorgeous! Jo x

Canonbury creations said...

More inspiration Susan just wish I had thought of one of these ideas! Love the stamp on the first card such a pretty bloom:)
Val x

Suzi B said...

Wow!... These are all gorgeous, I'm hard pushed to pick a favourite.
Suzi B :)

Lynne said...

They are all beautiful as always Susan. I think I prefer the last one but they are all so lovely it`s hard to choose.
Lynne xxx

Gillian R said...

Wow, what beautiful cards

Sandra H said...

All are totally stunning Susan x

Deborah Frings said...

Susan, these are great. I really like the first card and the last card. I'm finding these colours hard, but you've rocked them!

Judy1223 said...

Susan, I am always amazed when you make not one, not two, but THREE stunning cards for one challenge! I love the first one the best, but I really have to say I love them all if I'm being totally honest!

Cathy said...

Susan, your first card is my fave, love the colours and the image :)

Darnell said...

These are all beautiful, Susan! I do agree with you ~ the first one is my favorite, too. Those little pompom flowers are so sweet!!

Chrissie said...

These are gorgeous Susan, I just LOVE that flower image on the first one and the colours look awesome!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

debby4000 said...

Beautiful cards Susan.
luv
debby

Gibmiss said...

Hi Susan
Fabulous cards .... Your cards are always amazing....
Hugs Sylvie xx

Fiona said...

Blimey Susan, I can just about manage one card and week after week you manage several wonderful designs. This week is no exception, the first one is my fave tho'.

Elaine said...

Great cards - love the first one especially for it's delicate flowers!

Tara Cardwell said...

The first one is my favourite this week Susan - it really stands out for its delicate simplicity.
Tara
x

Jenni's Jems said...

I can see why you like the first one it is sooo eyecatching but the other two are really pretty too! x

Bonnie said...

All three are beautiful, Susan, but that first one is GORGEOUS!

Sue - said...

I think they are all brilliant - especially as I'm still trying to come up with an idea that works or I like!

Carole Campanile said...

Wow Susan, those are all lovely, but that first one is simply gorgeous. I've never noticed that set over at PTI, I have to run over there now and check it out.

TFS
Carole

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails