Sunday, March 3, 2013

OLW129 - All in a Row

I haven't played along in the One Layer Wednesday challenge for quite a while.  Time just seems to slip away from me these days.  This week's challenge is hosted by Karen at Snippets.  Karen has challenged us to create a card with the theme "all in a row"....simple right?  I made one card, and just as I was finishing it up I managed to smear ink across the top right corner! Geesh!  So, I gave it another try....and this is what I came up with...not very original, but my dots are definitely all in a row!



The dot stamp and the sentiment stamp are both from Papertrey Ink.  I stamped the dots in Hero Arts Butter Bar and the sentiment in Hero Arts Orange Soda.  I rarely stamp in colors...I generally stamp in black then color my images, but I'm trying to venture out and try new things.  I love color when I see it on other people's blogs, but I've never been overly satisfied when I stamp in color.  I'll keep trying...I'm sure I'll improve...hopefully! LOL!  Since my yellow dots looked a little sad, I decided to highlight each of the dots with a spot of glitter...there...much better!

Thanks so much for stopping by! Your comments and your visits are always appreciated!! Until next time...

Hugs!

Photobucket


Pin It!

7 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

I like this a lot - it's clean, simple and gorgeous! Love the colours!

Joyce said...

This is a wonderful one layer card. I like your glittery polka dots.

Ardyth said...

This is a wonderful OLW card - simple is often the very best! Love the sparkle!

Mrs Harry said...

So pretty Susan. I know what you mean about stamping in colour. I don't know why I steer clear of it, I just do. Maybe I'll be encouraged by your success here.

Sandra H said...

Susan your card is so pretty x

Anita in France said...

Keep venturing out, this is gorgeous! Love the colours and each of those glittery dots! Anita (in France) :)

Karen Dunbrook said...

well done...thanks for playing along with the OLW this week.
hugs,
Karen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails