Friday, March 22, 2013

CAS(E) this Sketch #20

When I saw this week's challenge at CAS(E) this Sketch, I knew immediately what I wanted to do!  That doesn't happen to me very often, so I jumped right in and go a card made.

Here's the sketch for this week's challenge:



And...here's my take on the sketch:


I found these adorable giraffes online as a coloring image, and brought them into my Cameo program and turned the image into a print and cut.  I colored the giraffes with Copic markers after they were printed and cut out with the Cameo.  I designed the picket fence in my Cameo software and cut it out. (if anyone would like to have a copy of the studio file for this fence, just email me and I'll send it to you)  After I cut the fence out with the Cameo, I added a bit of dimension using a grey Copic marker, and a black fine tip pin.  The sentiment is from PTI and was stamped three times without re-inking.  The little red heart was punched with a MS punch and I coated it with glossy accents after adhering it to the card base.  Finally, I rounded two of the corners with a corner rounder.  (BTW, the blue around the giraffes is not nearly so blue in real life....crazy camera!) 

Thanks so much for stopping by! Your comments and your visits are always appreciated!! Until next time...

Hugs!


Photobucket


Pin It!

22 comments:

Sara Mac said...

This is absolutely adorable!

Deborah Frings said...

Oh this is just so sweet! I love the heart made from the giraffe heads and the beautiful colouring! Fab!

I've not been by for a while - life quite busy - but I've just been having a look at your cards - you've made some fab ones. I love the blue alien for the CASology challenge!

Hope all's well with you.

Bonnie said...

This is so sweet, Susan! Love the fence and if I had a Cameo, I'd be begging for it! Hope all is well with you.

Loll said...

Susan ... this is so sweet!! Love your take on the sketch. Fabulous coloring. Loll :)

Renee said...

Ahhhh this is so cute! I love your take on the case sketch!

Cindy C. said...

This is so adorable!

Lisa A. said...

ADORABLE, Susan!! "LOVE" it:)!!

Unknown said...

Absolutely perfect Susan.....don't think you could have chosen anything better - it's adorable.

Karen x

Suze Bain said...

How cute are those giraffes. Love it! Xx

Canonbury creations said...

Those giraffes are wonderful Susan I love the expressions on their faces:) I'd love the cutting file please it looks great!
valeriehaigh@gmail.com
Val x

Jackie Rockwell said...

Oh my GOSH Susan this is the sweetest card! LOVE it so much!

Kristie Goulet said...

This is the sweetest! I love it!

Ardyth said...

Ah, they're in LOVE! So sweet! (Great use of the fence as the pocket element!) Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

G Peplow said...

They're so cute Susan, a lovely card, Gay x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

AWOL for a long time, but so glad to have found you again with Bloglovin.

Love this and your cute girafffes great fence too, clever you.

Beanie said...

What a stunning card!

Mrs Harry said...

Lovely take on the sketch Susan, I wish I'd thought of it. I'd be very happy if you could send me the fence file please? mrspatharrison@gmail.com.

Anita in France said...

Such sweet giraffes ... lovely! Anita :)

Kim S said...

I am totally charmed by your sweet giraffes!! Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

Jenny said...

Oh what fun Susan, love the giraffe and they are perfect for the sketch too :0)
Jenny x

Anonymous said...

Hehe these little giraffes are adorable! Love how they are situated behind the fence :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS(E) this Sketch!

donna mikasa said...

Adorable giraffes and a fun take on the sketch! Congrats on your CTS shout out!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails