Tuesday, March 5, 2013

CASology - Bunny

This week's challenge at CASology is create a card using the cue word "Bunny"...With Easter right around the corner...this should be lots of fun!


I've made a couple of cards today that fit this challenge...so off we go...


I love this first card...my little "peeps" Not a single stamp was used on this card!  I cut the Peep bunnies with my Cameo.  The green grosgrain "ribbon" is actually card stock that I embossed with a grosgrain embossing plate (which you can find here.) I actually designed the entire card in my Silhouette program, made the bunnies the colors I wanted, then cut them out.  In order to get the blue/lavender border, I simply printed a large square using the same color as my third bunny, then cut it down to size.  I embossed the top portion of the white panel with the dotted Swiss EF.  Sentiment was computer generated at the same time that I printed the bunnies before cutting them out.  Sound like a lot, but it was SUPER quick!


I remembered that I had this cute bunny stamp from Flourishes, so I made another card so I could use this stamp.  I stamped the image on white card stock, then colored it.  I stamped it again on white card stock, colored the front two bunnies, then cut them out and pop dotted them over the stamped image for a little dimension.  I sponged the sky with some distress ink.  I cut out the oval and the scalloped oval with Spellbinder dies.  I added an embossed panel behind the image and tied a ribbon around the panel.  Then layered it all on a white card base.  

Thanks so much for stopping by! Your comments and your visits are always appreciated!! Until next time...

Hugs!

Photobucket


Pin It!

12 comments:

Ardyth said...

Wow! Thanks for the quick Cameo lesson - it sounds so versatile! (and you can expect a ton of comments about that grosgrain plate - I used it last week, and probably created a rush on it at MFT! lol!) I love the 'peeps' - I know they're candy, but I don't know if they're as popular here in Canada - I don't think I've ever had one. Love the other more'classic' image as well - Thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week - it's always great to see you here!

Rosemary said...

both cards are adorable, susan! you are such a versatile cardmaker! thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week!

Bonnie said...

The peeps are so cute and the bunny scene is gorgeous!

Judy1223 said...

Susan, you know I love it when you make at least two cards for a challenge (I am so in awe of that...you do it EVERY time!!!)! I adore both bunny cards...the sweet die cut bunnies are so playful, and I love the pretty bunny scene on the second card. Thanks for playing along at CASology this week!

Ardyth said...

found the bunny peeps at our grocery store last night -yours look better!

Suze Bain said...

Your second card is so lovely Susan but the little bunnies with their pink noses really made me smile. Xx

Hannelie said...

Love both cards Susan, but the first one stole my heart!
probably because I really want a Cameo with all my heart :(!!!
So versatile!
Thanks for popping over earlier today!

Melissa said...

Eeep! Look at those adorable pearl noses! SO cute!!!
The second card is just plain beautiful! Love the embossing and the scene you colored so wonderfully!
Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week! :)

Meghan said...

Two incredibly creative cards! They are very different but equally cute! So glad you joined in on the fun at CASology this week!

Jen W. said...

Both these cards are adorable and I love how different they are. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Melinda Gleissner said...

Wow, both fantastic cards in their own way. Your coloring is really stunning!

Anita in France said...

Not heard of peeps but these are really cute ... love the noses! The colouring on the scene card is just stunning! Anita :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails