Wednesday, March 27, 2013

HOPE....

Can you believe it!?  It's only Wednesday, and I have my card ready for the CASology challenge!  Usually, I don't manage to get it posted until early Sunday morning....sliding in just under the wire!  Here's the cue card for this week's challenge:


I really tried to keep my card (okay..so I made two!) really CAS this week. Here's what I made this morning:


I think this first card is my favorite of the two I made for this challenge. I've tried so hard to be good and not order any new dies, but this die from Spellbinders kept calling my name until I finally gave in and purchased it! LOL!  I cut a white panel 5.25 x 4 inches and added strips of silver paper to the edges and adhered that panel to the card base.  The white panel was embossed with a PTI embossing plate.  The decorative piece on top of the embossed panel is pop dotted for dimension.  The top piece is actually two different dies from this Spellbinder set.  There are SO many possibilities for this set!.  I stamped the sentiment in black. Sentiment is from PTI.  I added some tiny little pieces of bling on the center panel.   


This card was just something quick and easy.  I embossed the card base (front of the card only) with a PTI hexagon die.  Then I used the same die to cut a pink hexagon and added it to one of the embossed hexagons with a pop dot.  I stamped the word "Hope" from the same PTI stamp used in the above card, by masking off the words "Faith" and "Love" before inking up my sentiment.  I covered the pink hexagon with some glossy accents and then dropped a couple of pieces of tiny bling on each side of the sentiment.  Just so you know...the explanation for this card took longer to type than it did to make the card! 

Thanks so much for stopping by! Your comments and your visits are always appreciated!! Until next time...

Hugs!
Photobucket


Pin It!

17 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

SO clever and VERY effective Susan.

Sue said...

Hi Susan, your cards are gorgeous. The diecutting and embossing with white on white looks amazing on the first and I like the simplicity of the second.

Sandra H said...

Awwww Susan, Two very beautiful and elegant cards x

Heather said...

Hi Susan, thanks for your lovely comment. Your CAS cards is stunning -
I love white on white and beautiful embossing on both cards. I love your sentiment on the first one!!!

hugs
Heather xx

Ardyth said...

So pretty! That die is very fancy and elegant, but the way you've put it white on white keeps it CAS. The hexy one has a very different feel - much more edgy and mod - both wonderful cards! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

Darnell said...

Well, shoot, I truly can't decide which one I like best. I think I can like them both equally b/c they feel so different. The top one is elegant and sensitive and feminine. The bottom one is CASfecton, mod, in your face, no foo-foo. Both are great inspiration pieces, Susan!!

Loll said...

Hi Susan. Two fabulous cards. LOVE that die - so ornate and elegant. Perfect script font on your sentiment to match the elegance. I think the second card is so sweet. Love the honeycomb embossed background with the one popped up pink panel - perfect! Loll xx

Tracey McNeely said...

Both of your cards are beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing this week at CASology!

Maureen Merritt said...

Wow, both are really stunning! I love all of that clean, crisp beautiful white space! Thanks for playing along at CASology this week!

Rosina said...

Prachtige kaartjes Susan helemaal mijn smaak...GEWELDIG!!!
Bedankt voor je reactie op mijn blog
Ik ben ook volger geworden bij je ...kan ik je wat vaker bezoeken
groetjes Rosina

Unknown said...

Absolutely stunning Susan. I am afraid it called to me as well!!! lol Both are gorgeous but my favourite is the first - brilliant.

Hugs.

Karen x

Karen M said...

Hi Susan, as soon as I saw your first card I thought, oh my goodness, this is so sweet! And it is. But when I got down to the second card, I was absolutely taken with it. I love the super clean simplicity of it topped off with the significant pink hope hexagon. This one is definitely my favourite. Kx

G Peplow said...

Woah! That worked so well, two fab cards Susan, I love both, Gay x

Judy1223 said...

Susan, I love BOTH cards! That sentiment is ringing in my head after hearing it sung at mass for Holy Thursday during the foot washing..."Faith, hope and love, these three shall remain, but the greatest of all is love.") I am amazed at how beautifully the sentiment fit in that die! I also love the hexagon card...so much beautiful white space! Thanks for playing along at CASology this week!

Rosemary said...

Another beautiful set of cards, Susan. The die cut on the first one is so pretty. And the little hexagon on the second one is so sweet. Love seeing your cards in the CASology gallery each week!

OH Babs said...

Hi Susan! Your cards are lovely but I love the first card which is very elegant.

Melissa said...

Wow! These are both wonderful CAS designs! I really like the white on white of the first and all the texture and dimension on it! The second one is so simple, but really packs a punch!!
Thanks so much for joining us at CASology! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails