Saturday, March 30, 2013

LIM Lucky Dip and ATCAS - Spring

Happy Saturday everyone!! The sun is shining bright today...unfortunately, it looks like Easter will be rainy and wet!  

Since March has 5 Saturdays, this week's Less is More challenge is a "lucky dip"....and our hosts, Chrissie & Jen have asked us to use scallops on our cards. Oh Happy Day!  I do love scallops (the kind you eat and paper scallops that you can put on a card).  This first card is also for the Addicted to CAS challenge which is Spring.
I really got carried away this week making cards.  I'll post them in order from my favorite to my least favorite.


This first card was actually the last card that I made today.  I used my Cameo to cut out the flower.  I cut it from a white piece, a green piece, and a pink piece.  With the Cameo it's really simple, you can cut all three pieces at the same time just by placing the different papers on the sticky mat where you have the cut file situated. I cut the scalloped green piece with a pair of deco scissors and adhered it to the left side of the white panel that I'd cut the first flower from.  Then I "paper pieced" the pink flower tops and put the green portion of the third flower I cut into the stem and leaves portion.  In order to get it to say in place, it helps to put some double sided tape behind the opening in the white panel. After I got all the flower pieced into place, I added a little shading to the flowers, stems, and leaves with some pink and green Copics.  The sentiment is from PTI.  I rounded the right-hand corners of the card base and the white panel, then pop dotted the white panel on the card base. I love how this one turned out!


This second card was made using a piece that I made the other day when I was playing with some new stamps from Avery Elle.  I was also playing around with some different colored inks with my stamping.  I'm still not 100% sold on stamping in colors, but I keep practicing.  I used the diagonal striped stamp and stamped it in 3 different colors.  The sentiment was stamped in black and then I colored in the word "celebrate" with Copics.  The scalloped edge was punched with a border punch that I believe I got from SU.  I adhered the orange scalloped border to the white card base then pop dotted the white "celebrate" panel over it.


 For this third card, I was playing around with my Cameo and designed this scalloped border.  I even added some small slits at the top in order to thread my ribbon through it.  This card is super simple.  I ran the green ribbon through the slits, adhered the scalloped lace piece to the card base.  Stamped a sentiment from PTI.  Added a few tiny little pieces of emerald green bling and topped it all off with a pretty green bow.  Easy-peasy!


This fourth card was so quick and easy.  I folded a white card base, used a scalloped punch to punch off part of the front of the card, then added a piece of patterned paper behind the scallops to replace the piece that I punched off.  The stars and ribbon match IRL...not sure what happened to the color when I took the photo.  I scored several lines above the scallops, then stamped the PTI sentiment and added a few more scored lines to "frame" the sentiment.  I tied a ribbon around the card base then added a couple of pieces of bling.  


This was the first card I made and although I really love CAS cards, this one was maybe just a little to CAS for me.  I used a die from my new Spellbinder set to cut out the white oval with all the little holes.   Then I measured the oval and created a scalloped border in my Silhouette (Cameo) program that would "fit" the oval leaving just a small scalloped edge showing.  I also cut out the stars with the Cameo.  I pop dotted one of the stars and all of the stars and the scalloped backing were colored with a blue Copic.  I also added a little bit of glitter to each of the stars.

Whew...busy day today!  If you made it all the way through all of this...you're a real trouper!

Thanks so much for stopping by! Your comments and your visits are always appreciated!! Until next time...

Hugs!
Photobucket


Pin It!

33 comments:

Loli said...

Hola Susan, what fabulous bunch of perfect CAS cards,(i think i need a Cameo in my life:D)the first one it's a perfect spring-like card, i love the colours, the card with green ribbon it's a perfect CAS card i love your design for your scalloped border, a great work as always Susan.
A warm hug from the windy island

Sandra H said...

Susan your cards are works of art your so talented xx

Ardyth said...

Wow! You've been busy! I love the shading and fresh pink and green colour combo of your LIM card!

Cathy said...

Hi Susan, wow, so many cards, all so different! I love the ribbon border and the pierced oval, but my fave is your first one, I love the colours on your gorgeous flower. Cathy x (Happy Easter)

Loli said...

Hola Susan, thak you for your kind comment, it's nice to see you on my blog:D.
My cross is by Mariannes creatables
you can see here
http://cuddlybuddly.com/shop/v17457-marianne-design-creatables-die-cross-lr0252/

Gerrina said...

That is a great production! Love the first one most, but enjoyed all of them! You really know your way with scallops! Happy Easter to you too!

Bonnie said...

The first is my favorite too, but the one with the ribbon woven through is coming in a close second! Hope you have a wonderful Easter!

Darnell said...

It's no problem making it all the way through, Susan, when the art work is so beautiful. I'm not sure I agree with you this week about the order of "favorites," but I do know I like them all in all their scallopini loveliness!!

Rosemary said...

another fabulous set of cards, susan... i must say that the first card is my favorite too. i just love the shading on the flower!

Loll said...

Hi Susan. Very productive day!! Wow ... all the cards are fabulous - of course, I do LOVE CAS cards. My favorite is the first one too ... beautiful flowers and gorgeous colors. Thanks so much for joining us at Addicted to CAS. Loll xx

Chrissie said...

Oh My Susan, you have been even busier than usual for us this week. These are all terrific, I love the first and really admire your skill with your Cameo, but I just love the one with the deep green ribbon, the pretty border and overall elegance is gorgeous.
Thanks too for all the commenting you do on other LIM submissions, I'm sure all your visits are greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much
Happy Easter!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

canStampada said...

Susan - love your cards and how you make everything 'pop' with copics. I always go to your 'tangle' area and am always amazed, delighted and inspired! Wow! The tangle you said 'floated on air' reminded me of a picture of your craft/office space where your desk 'floats' in the room - awesome and creative. You're also motivating me to take more notice of my Silhouette! thank you for sharing.
:o)

Unknown said...

Happy Easter Susan. What a beautiful array of CAS cards. They are all gorgeous but my faves are thr first, third and fourth...........and the second and fifth are pretty nifty as well!!! Thanks so much for joining the fun at A2CAS.

Karen x

debby4000 said...

Oh what wonderful cards, hard pressed to chose a favourite they're all so fabulous.
luv
Debby

Fiona said...

The first is my fave too Susan, gorgeous spring like tones and perfect CAS design.

Unknown said...

These are ALL gorgeous! I have to mat more of my sentiments/focal points with scallops...I forget how great their shape is until I see them done so perfectly like here! GREAT designs. And, I need a Cameo now ;)

Dolly Daydreams said...

What a fabulous array of cards !!! Stunning work as always, your attention to detail is superb and your work is always so clean and crisp. Thanks so much for joining us at ATCAS and good luck.

Marie baileyrosy.com
for some reason I am only allowed to comment under my google account on blogger which no longer exists !

shirley-bee said...

Susan, these are all gorgeous! The first one is stunning; I love the striped stamping on the second; the third one reminds me of an old fashioned lace-trimmed bodice; I love how you've done the scoring/stamping on the fourth one, as well as the layer of stars peeking out from under the scallops, and yes the last one is CAS but it works for me - I like the balance of the large sentiment/scallop/white space.

Donna said...

Wow Susan, your cards are beautiful and all such pretty CAS designs. Beautiful work hun :) Donna ♥ x

Rosina said...

Beautiful cards Susan
greetings from the Netherlands
Rosina

Gibmiss said...

Hi Susan
Fabulous..... Cards Susan love them all....
Hugs Sylvie xxx

Linby said...

I really should get using my Cameo LOL! It is not my go to item though. Love what you have achieved. They are all wonderful and I actually think I like the last one best!
Linbyx

Sue said...

Wow, Susan, a wonderful set of cards. Really like the flower on the first, they are all beautiful.

Jen Nelson said...

susan they are all just fabulous... i don;t this i can pick a favourite

Thanks for joining us this week
Jen
"Less Is More"

Kylie said...

perfectly CAS selection of cards! Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS! xx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

OMWord Susan - you have been busy (again!). I love all of these cards - each one different, each one gorgeous!
Hugs, Sylvia x

Aileen said...

What a super set of cards! Love your first too. The flower is beautiful. x

Anonymous said...

Hello there,I love your Note Of Thanks card-it's sooo pretty.Thank you for stopping by my little Blog to say hello.Best wishes,Nessa .:)

Canonbury creations said...

These are all gorgeous Susan I can't choose a favourite:) Thanks so much for the SVG file, I forgot to reply! Also for the digi image it's so cute and unexpected!
Val x

G Peplow said...

Wonderful cards Susan, you always spoil us with many beautiful cards and these are no exception, my favourite is the last, certainly not too CAS for me LOL Gay x

Viv said...

All fabulous Susan , the first is my very fav I think too :) Viv xx

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Stunning work as usually Susan, love them!

Warm hugs
Maarit

MaryH said...

What a wonderful group of lovely cards...each one! I was so interested to read that you made several elements with your cameo. I have one, still not learning how to use it properly. Each card was different & so elegant. My fav was the flower (first) I think...but the scored card was also a fav. (well, truthfully...hard to really pick a fav! But I tried). Hope things are going better at your house. Hugs & TFS

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails