Thursday, March 28, 2013

OLW 133 - Repeats

It's been quite a while since I played along with the One Layer Wednesday challenge...and after struggling with my card today, I probably should have waited a while longer! Susan at Simplicity is the host this week, and she's challenged us to use a shape repeatedly to create a one layer card.  When I see shape, I immediately think of squares, circles, triangles, diamonds, etc, but I guess it could have been a flower or balloon or something.  Anyway, I went with circles.  Here's my take on this week's challenge:


The circle with the star shape in the center is from PTI.  I stamped the circles in Memento dark blue as well as the sentiment.  The sentiment is also from PTI.  I added the doodled lines around the card...now in hindsight, I probably should have left them off.  I also added a touch of glitter to each of the stars.  

Thanks so much for stopping by! Your comments and your visits are always appreciated!! Until next time...

Hugs!
Photobucket


Pin It!

8 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

Love it! Perfectly stamped star circles and I do like the touch of glitter. I really like the doodled lines!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous! Another idea to send to my military son! TFS

Ardyth said...

I love this - I think the doodled frame adds definition, which I always struggle with on One Layer cards - I always think a white panel needs a frame! So you've done it exactly 'right' in my humble opinion! lol! Great OLW card!

Sue said...

Great card, Susan! I like the touch of glitter and doodling.

librariane said...

Great layout and use of color! Those lines are the right finish for the whole thing.

Jeanne H said...

I too like the blue lines. Also blue and white are among my favorites. This is a good card for our service people! tfs

Joyce said...

Great card--perfect stamping and great choice of stamp, colors and design. Don't change anything!

Susan Raihala said...

Doodled line = perfect! That was the first thing I noticed and ahhhhed over! Then the glitter in the stars...great touch! Thanks for joining us again, Susan!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails