Friday, October 26, 2012

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge 76

I've never played along with the CAS-ual Friday challenge.  This week's challenge is to create a clean and simple (CAS) card using Kraft.  One of my favorite color combinations is Kraft and white, so I whipped up this card in about 10 minutes....can't get much more CAS than this!


I cut a Kraft panel slightly smaller than the 5.50 x 4.25 inch card base and backed it with a piece of white card stock. I cut a 1/4 inch strip of dark brown to go across the card, then adhered two leaf stems cut with the MB meadow leaf die.  I looped a jute string around the panel and tied my button on with it.  The sentiment is from PTI.  Super simple...and very quick and easy!  I think this card would be perfect for a guy (and that's a difficult card for me usually!)

Thanks so much for stopping by! I appreciate your visit and your comments!  Until next time...

Hugs!
Photobucket


Pin It!

20 comments:

Michelle said...

Gorgeous, Susan! Perfect for your debut at CAS-ual Fridays. ;-)

Bonnie said...

WOW! Those white leaves really stand out against the Kraft! Isn't it nice when a card comes together like this!

Deborah Frings said...

Gorgeous! I do like the white leaves against the kraft background. Perfectly CAS!

Geri said...

Awesome results for 10 minutes....looks so fine that I would have thought you spent hours on it! Love the 'natural' feel of your card...is tha a cork button?

Roxy said...

What a striking card, I absolutely love the simplicity!!!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous colour combo Susan and not one that would immediately spring to mind, but it works fantastically well. Love the sponging around the edges of the kraft card. My snow e/f has just arrived.....yippee!

Karen x

LisiB said...

Such a pretty card! Stylish and elegant

Sandra H said...

Wow Susan you should do this more often your card is stunning x

Kim S said...

Fantastic! Love the white leaves accented only by that sweet button!

Suze Bain said...

A beautiful card Susan, I love the kraft with the twine. Great texture. xx

Mynn xx said...

Absolutely brilliant. Another one of yours that I'm pinning! :)

Anonymous said...

Simply stunning ... love it! Anita in France

Beate said...

Beautiful card!
Hugs and smiles

Aileen said...

This is beautiful Susan. Love the extra sponging and crisp white leaves. x

Lisa A. said...

What a handsome and yet lovely card, Susan!! LOVE the white leaves against the kraft and all the wonderful details...I know what you mean about guy cards...so LOVE having ideas...thanks for the inspiration!! So glad you were a part of the challenge this week...HUGS!!

Erin said...

Gorgeous card... love the kraft and white color combo. Great card!

bastelengel said...

A beautiful natural card. I love the simplicity.
Eva

Darnell said...

Really stunning, Susan! I love the white leaves on the Kraft, especially with the white frame accent peeking around. The rustic twine is a perfect touch!

I've been so busy being a goofball for Halloween and catching up today with WOYWW that I totally forgot the deadline for CASual Fridays is (was) today. I hate to miss one, especially a Kraft one. Why am I telling you, you might ask? Well, because I keep a hat with my blogging friends' names in it and I draw a name when I feel a whine bubbling up. Ding, ding, ding, YOU are the winner!!!

Michele Gross said...

Beautiful! Kraft and white is one of my favorite color combos. Thank you for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays for our first big CAS-ual Fridays Stamps release week!

Darnell said...

Hahaha! No, not true, it turns out YOU are a winner!! Warmest congrats on being Contender over at CFC for your very pretty card!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails