Sunday, October 21, 2012

OLW 110 - Squares

This week's One Layer Wednesday challenge is hosted by Heather Telford from Bits and Pieces.  Heather always has such beautiful cards displayed on her blog, and this week is no exception. This week's challenge is to create a one layer card using squares.  Here's my take on the challenge:


I racked my brain trying to think of something that I could do with squares.  I must admit I drew a blank for several days.  I finally decided that I'd just have to draw some squares, since I don't really have anything "square" stamp-wise.  So...being on the Christmas card kick I'm on right now, I decided to use one of my old favorites from SU.  This is probably one of the first Christmas stamps that I bought from SU...and I still love it.  The sentiment is from PTI.  I stamped the image in black Memento, colored him with Copics, then drew a square around the image.  Since my original lines on my square were a bit wobbly, I decided to draw several lines and make them all wobbly!  Drew the same type of lines around the sentiment and then added three small pieces of bling.  (BTW...you have to draw the square around the sentiment first...ask me how I know!)  

Thanks so much for stopping by! Your visit and comments are much appreciated! Until next time...

Hugs!
Photobucket


Pin It!

7 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Great card Susan and what a great idea to draw your squares around your images

Anne

Geri said...

Wow! Wobbly definitely works with this image! This is fabulous - your coloring, your composition, the shading around this trendy/vintage Mr. Clause - all perfect! Seriously, the lines totally take this card to a different level!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. Really...17 grandchildren...lucky you! We only have 3....and they all have fur (2 cats/1 dog).

Ardyth said...

Oooh! This is a wonderful OLW card - I love that image and doodling squares around (and framining the sentiment separately) is just genius!

Darnell said...

Your ingenuity is just flabermazing, Susan! Making the squares mod (more artist than "wobbly" don't you think?) might be in order for all future cards using this stamp. It really pops the image and your coloring, of course, is perfection!!

Susan said...

Brilliant use of one of my favourite stamps!! I'll be CASEing this for sure!

Bonnie said...

Fantastic, Susan! I love this Santa and wish I could paint like that! The drawn, wobbly squares are perfect! What a fun card!

Heather T said...

Gorgeous. Your squares are perfect, they tie your whole design together.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails