Friday, October 26, 2012

CAS(E) this Sketch #3

Time for a new sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch.  Here's the sketch:




And...here's my take on the sketch:


This week's sketch is similar to this card that I made back in January of this year, it's just turned landscape instead of portrait.  So...can I just say....I do LOVE this layout!  For my card, I cut out the blue panels, and the different parts of the snow globe with the Cameo.  I colored the base of the snow globe with Copics and added some lines with a gold pen.  The sentiment is from PTI and is embossed in gold and punched out with a long narrow oval punch, then adhered to the base of the snowglobe. The background circle for the globe and the two small snowdrifts were put through the Xyron and then sprinkled pieces with glamour dust.  The snowman was a sketch and draw (Silhouette image) that I printed on my laser printer and then cut out.  The actual snow globe was cut from acetate paper. I adhered the brown base to the bottom of the acetate shape.  I built the inside of the snow globe by layering the different pieces and pop dotting the snowman just a bit. I realize now that the snowman would have been cuter with a little bird resting on his "arm", but I forgot and now it's all put together!  After I got the "inside" of the snow globe put together, I adhered the edges of the acetate "globe" around the background giving it a bit of a rounded look.  I also popped the middle of the snow globe base to add to the rounded look.  It's difficult to see from the photo, but the dimension on this card looks awesome.  I know all this sounds complicated, but the card went together super quick.  Cutting things out with the Cameo really makes things move along nicely!  

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I appreciate you visit and thank you for your comments!! Until next time....

Hugs!
Photobucket


Pin It!

12 comments:

Ardyth said...

Cute - love how you made the 'snow' falling inside the globe with the sparkle!

Sandra H said...

Oh so beautiful! x

Kim S said...

So well done - the glitter, the acetate, the detailed base!! So glad to see you at CAS(E) this Sketch!

Judy1223 said...

Susa, now THAT is a perfect interpretation of the sketch...and a SUPER little snow globe and snowman! Love the sparkly goodness!

Bonnie said...

I thought of your card when I saw this sketch! It was so memorable that I even remembered who had created it! I like this too. It's a perfect sketch for a snowglobe!

Jackie Rockwell said...

I LOVE using my Silhouette Cameo to make cards too! Your snow globe is wonderful! So glad you played along with us in this week's CAS(E) this Sketch!

Suze Bain said...

What a super festive card, the snowman in the globe is just fabulous. xx

Gibmiss said...

Hi susan
Gorgeous card .... Love the snow globe.....
Hugs Sylvie xxx

Chris Dring said...

Wow! This is such a fabulous card! Love it!

Lesley said...

Such a cute idea! I love your card.

Vicky Hayes said...

Oh yes, I remember your 'dangly hearts in the negative space card' Susan! Gorgeous - as is this one. It was a great idea to add glitter to the background - it really does look as if it's snowing in there!

Chrissy Larson said...

What a perfect use of for a snow globe! This is super cute and I'm so happy you played along at CAS(E) this Sketch!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails