Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Christmas is Coming

It won't be long before it's time to send out those Christmas cards and I'm working diligently to get all of my cards finished.  I might just get them all done before Thanksgiving! With that in mind, I've decided to play along with a new (to me) sketch challenge, called Freshly Made Sketches.  I've checked this challenge out before, but I just haven't used one of the sketches before.  Well, today I did it!  

My cards are also fit this month's challenge at St. Luke's Charity Cards Challenge to make simple Christmas cards.

Here's the sketch for this week:


I've actually made a couple of cards using this sketch. 


For this first card, I embossed the bottom portion of a white panel with a SU embossing folder, and top portion of the panel with an embossing folder from Lifestyle Crafts.  I tied a ribbon around the "seam" where the two embossed edges meet.  The Noel tag is a chipboard tag from K&Co.  I bought a box of mixed tags like this several years ago and still haven't used all of them!  I layered the embossed panel on a piece of red card stock leaving just a tiny red border, then adhered the panel to my white card base.  This is a great sketch, and one that I've used often in the past when creating cards.


Here's the second card.  I embossed a white panel with the SU lines folder, then adhered a piece of Making Memories paper from my scraps.  I adhered a white strip across the joined area, then tied a bow with some red cord.  Again, I used one of the chipboard elements from the K&Co pack.  I cut tiny strips of gold shiny decorative paper and edged the panel before adhering it to the white card base.

Quick...easy...and I love it!

Thanks so much for stopping by! Your comments are always greatly appreciated! Until next time...

Hugs!
Photobucket


Pin It!

10 comments:

Allisa said...

Love the mix of dry embossing! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Gibmiss said...

Hello Susan
Fabulous cards.... Both stunners....
Hugs sylvie xxxx

Kellyrae said...

I like how the 'feeling' of the two cards change because of what you choose for the two parts. The double embossing is great but so is the embossed bottom layer and patterned paper top layer. I especially like the ribbon treatments on each.

Stamps and Paper said...

Such gorgeous cards Susan...thank you for your continued support over at St Lukes

Anne

Bonnie said...

Isn't this a wonderful sketch, Susan? Both of these cards are beautiful! I love the embossing!

Linda Suarez said...

Hi Susan! Love how you paired the embossing on your cards! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jenny said...

ooo I love the vintage Christmas feel to them both Susan... wonderful CAS designs :0)
Thank you for entering another card at St Luke's this month :0)
Jenny x

Narelle Farrugia said...

Both are gorgeous cards Susan! I love the texture on both of your cards - adds that little something extra! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made sketches this week!

Cindy Hall said...

These are two very beautiful cards. Both are so fresh and clean. I seriously couldn't pick a favorite between the two if I tried! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Deborah Frings said...

Both these cards are just fabulous - exactly what we meant by a simple Christmas card. Love the embossing! Thanks for playing along with St Luke's Charity Card Challenge!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails