Tuesday, October 9, 2012

CASology - Leaf

It's time for a new challenge at CASology.  Last week the cue word was "zoo"...I was totally stumped so I didn't get to play along.  This week the cue word is "Leaf"...YAY!!  I can do this!



For your viewing pleasure...this week, I've actually made TWO cards for the challenge!  Here's my first one....


I found this huge leaf die (QK) that I've had forever.  I used a scrap of orange paper and ran it through the paper crimper several times in all directions, then cut it out with the leaf die.  I inked it up a bit, and then adhered it to a panel that was embossed with this wood looking imprint.  The sentiment is from PTI and was stamped on white, layered on a piece of the orange like the leaf and then pop dotted on the embossed panel.  


I LOVE the bright colors I used for these leaves!  I used a very old SU stamp and stamped it several times in black on some white card stock.  Then I colored each of the leaves with Copics....making them very bright.  The leaves were adhered to a white panel that is edged with red strips.  Sentiment is stamped in SU not quite navy and is a PTI stamp.

That's all I have right now...maybe I'll make a few more leaf cards before the week is over...I enjoyed this cue word!  Thanks so much for stopping by! Your comments are always appreciated!! Until next time...

Hugs!
Photobucket


Pin It!

15 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Both of your cards are lovely. Love the embossed background of the first card. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology!

Jen W. said...

Susan, these are both fantastic! I LOVE the crimped leaf on your first card and the bright colours of your second. :) Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

kingstonmama said...

Beautiful leaves, Susan! I especially love the texture on the first one. Ann

Rosemary said...

both cards are fantastic, susan... love the bright autumnal colors on the 2nd one! thanks so much for playing along with CASology each week!

debby4000 said...

Both are fabulous, but I do love the beautiful leaf on the first one.
luv
Debby

Tara Cardwell said...

I love the grungy effect on the first leaf - looks like a real fallen one.
Tara

Melissa said...

Both of these are fabulous! I love the true autumn feel of the first one and the bright, happiness of the second! Thanks for sharing both of these & for linking them up to CASology! :)

Aileen said...

Gorgeous cards Susan. I love all the texture on your first and that super big leaf. Your second is so vibrant. The colours jump off the page. x

Sandra H said...

Both cards are gorgeous x

Darnell said...

I know I can count on you for stunning cards, Susan! So cool how you made a "granddaddy-been-around-the-tree-a-few-times" leaf for the first card and some out-of-this-world leaves for the second card. Keep 'em coming!

Betty said...

I love the colors on the second card. You always inspire.

Deanna said...

Love the bold leaf colors! both cards are stunning :)

Jean said...

They are both absolutely gorgeous ~ love how made the leaf on the first one and the beautiful colors on the second one!

Ardyth said...

I’ve been away and am just now catching up on my commenting!
Both are beautiful - although I'm always partial to a good Canadian Maple leaf! lol! Thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week!

Bonnie said...

These are some gorgeous leaves, Susan! I love those bright ones! They will brighten someone's day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails